P132B Turbocharger boost control A peformance - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P132B Turbocharger boost control A peformance

I have a 2003 F350 6.0L with a DTC P132B code. It has had the 06E17 Feild service action peformed in 2006. I have just finished doing a HPOP, EGR Cooler, Oil cooler,Turbo Cleaning and vane check. It was impressively clean for 193000 miles in the turbo, but I cleaned it anyway. I looked for coking in the VGT Control Valve and found nothing significate. There was a small amount of build up at the cam and on the tip of the control valve. This truck has no boost when you start off and when it shifts into 2nd gear, it will begin to pull harder and have a slight whine from the turbo. I smoke tested the intake side and found a small leak at the output side of the CAC where the hose clamp was not tight enough. Tightened it and no leaks. Exhaust side was also smoke tested and had a leak at the Morman clamp on the exhaust intake side of the turbo. I have not sealed it up yet. Waiting on the clamp. I hooked the MAP hose up to a vacuum gauge to compare MGP to gauge and they both stayed at 0. The vacuum gauge needle was bouncing rapidly and when I disconnected the hose and put it up to my ear, I could hear a throaty sound with just a wisp of air coming from it. I put a new EGR valve in it and I am wondering if it is open just a little and causing no vacuum at the MAP. Any ideas?
neasclt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

You are on the right track.. P132b is a fault code that is set if the required MAP (boost) levels are not achieved during a learn cycle or at specific speed fuel demand points. The usual suspects are either turbo problems (should not be the case with a freshly cleaned turbo), MAF sensor, MAP sensor/hose, intake or exhaust leaks. This code will also come up on some trucks that have aftermarket exhaust or intakes on them.

I'd get the leaks you have found sealed up and then clear the codes and retest the system..
2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)

pics

SLAPS President and Webmaster
teamroper60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Just a little extra info. I have replaced the MAP and the MAF sensors, which cleared the P006A code. Would a turbo with that many miles on it just wear out or would a bad VGT Control Valve give this code? I ordered a clamp from Ford, so it should be here this afternoon. Thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

I replaced the VGT control valve and the P132B code is gone but have not repaired the exhaust leak yet. I am now getting a P2263 Turbo system performance. In the troubleshooter it refers to the exhaust back pressure. I believe that the PCM does not pay attention to the EBP sensor after the 06E17 update, but runs off of the MAP,BARO,MAF and EOT sensors. Any ideas on the P2263?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

You are correct that the actual EBP reading is ignored under the flash you have. I believe you need to fix the exhaust leak and clear the codes to see if that one comes back.
2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)

pics

Old 03-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

I replaced the clamp on the exhaust inlet side of the turbo and the leak is much better, but not completly sealed off. Now there are multiple leaks throughout the system. I have sealed off two and still have three leaks to go. The exhaust pipe to turbo outlet "big pipe" is leaking the worst. I torqued the clamp to the spec. and it did not seal well. I then loosened it and repositioned the pipe and torqued it again, with no luck. I cleaned both sides of the connection, but it didn't help. Is there a sealer that I can use to help this problem or is that not recommended?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

I would not apply a sealer (if there even is one available). You are just going to have to keep working with the connections. They will fit up and seal it just sometimes takes some work...

I have found it easiest to loosen everything and start over, rather than try to force one part to conform to the other....

pics

Old 03-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

OK, I got everything to fit and seal. There are some tiny leaks at the exhaust manifolds and I have ordered gaskets to seal them off. I replaced the turbo since after the exhaust leaks were sealed it didn't produce any boost. Now with the new turbo it will pick up and you can hear the turbo and feel it helping. Is there a difference between the turbo on a 2003 F350 and a 2005 Excursion. Both diesel engines are similar but I know there is a early build and a late build. The HPOP and turbo mount are different, but other than that I don't know of any. The reason I ask that question is that the owner of this F350 also has the Excursion. The Excursion has a more defined sound and pep that the F350 does not. The F350 is much better now than it was and with the addition of the turbo it runs better but still does not have the sound the Excursion has. I spoke with the owner and he wants to add a 5 inch turbo back exhaust system part #S6224AL from MBRP. Is this advised or should I try to get him to go with a 4 inch system. The MBRP system is not a true 5 inch system, it starts with the downpipe at 3 1/2" and goes to 4" after the downpipe and then to 5" at the muffler.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

IIRC, the mounting bolts are different on the 04 and later than on the 03. As a result, the 04 and later use a different pedestal. There are other changes as well but for purposes of fitting one on the truck, that is the only difference that matters.

pics

Old 03-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Any opinion on the exhaust?
Old 03-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

03 makes about 10psi more than the 05 turbo.
05' F-350 6.0L Diesel Crew Cab Long bed sitting on Brentz Wheels Custom Billet Dually 22's, Kenwood Indash Nav, Sirrrus Sat, HD Radio, Nintendo game Cube, 2 - 7" Tv's in head rests, Dual MTX 10" Subs behind seat, Arp Studs, Innovative Diesel SCT tuned for Snow Performance Stage III Meth kit, Bully Dog 5" turbo back exhaust, AFE Stage II w/ProGuard 7 Cold Air Intake, Remote Start. 03 Turbo, dam the whistle is Insane! @ 38 PSI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2zEFb6bFLc - Video
8000K Bi-Xeon H.I.D Headlights, Recon Big Rig, White lighting tailgate light and 3rd LED Brake lights.
05Duallyon22s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.