P2285 Injector Control Pressure Sensor Circuit Low - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P2285 Injector Control Pressure Sensor Circuit Low

The other day I had my truck in for the CEL and an oil leak. The dealer called and said it was the P2285 Injector Control Pressure Sensor Circuit Low and it needed to be replaced. Is this a warranty issue? Is it covered under the engine warranty? I'm being quoted $800 for the replacement from the dealer. My truck is an 03' with 63k on it. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: P2285 Injector Control Pressure Sensor Circuit Low

Should be covered under the 5yr/100K mile, unless they are denying for some reason. When did you purchase, or should I say, when was it first sold to the first buyer?

2006 F350 CC LWB Dually XLT Oxford white manual 4x4 6.0 PSD 6 speed. 4.10 LS front and rear, Built May05. 4" turbo back, 55 gal aux fuel tank. A real pig from a stop, give me 15' and she'll slowly come to life, then watch out!
165K miles, 12 injectors, EGR cooler, Fuel pump, 8 glow plugs, GPCM, FICM rebuilt FoMoCo engine at 150K under 7/200 warranty.
RatherBNtheWoods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2007, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm the origional owner. Bought it Sept of 03' so it should not be an issue. I only got to talk to the service advisor briefly the other day because I was late for a meeting. I will contact him again for some more information regarding this issue this afternoon. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)

Autoworker.

Did they say the ICP was causing the "oil leak" because the pressure is low? OR was there an "oil leak" in "addition" to the ICP Sensor Circuit Low?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

They said the sensor ws causing the oil leak. I have noticed no loss in engine performance but CEL comes on for a while then goes off. The code was given for the sensor. Thats about all I know for know. My service advisor will be getting back to me today with some more info. Hopefully it's all good.
autoworker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

pay the $100, and let them do it. on your engine the icp is located on the top rear of the engine. later models moved it to the RH valve cover. i did mine because it was out of warranty and the parts alone were about $225. make sure the pigtail is replaced as well.

2003 Excursion Limited 6.0L as stock as they come
thesixcar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.