The Diesel Stop banner

Part #'s needed for Upper Serpentine Belt Pulleys...

984 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ttmech 
#1 ·
I have a constant sqeak coming from my 2003 6.0 Serpentine Belt Pulleys... I replaced the tensioner assembly last summer along with a new Power Steering pump a few weeks ago, so am assuming they aren't the issue. I'm leaning towards changing both upper idler pulleys, but need the part numbers to identify them.. Anyone have schematics or an ID chart for part numbers...?

#2 · (Edited)
Looks like the ribbed pulley bearing is a 6303-2rs and the smooth pulley bearing is a 6203-2rs...

CORRECTION: Actually, on my '03 6.0, BOTH the ribbed and the smooth pulley bearing is the 6303-2RS... I ordered several of each but the 6203-2RS is too small for the pulleys on my '03 6.0. The job was easy enough, and the stock pulley bearings actually were still fine after removing them and inspecting them... I replaced both, released the belt tensioner, re-installed the air filter box, etc. and fired the truck up.... Unfortunately, the high pitched squeal remains, so nothing is fixed....

#3 · (Edited)
Still had the squeal/squeak after replacing pulley bearings so did the water-spray-on-the-belt trick and found the squeak stopped immediately when spraying the belt/pulley just below the Alternator...
As the engine ran and the belt dried out, the squeal/squeak came back in a few minutes each time... Decided to pick up a Goodyear Gatorback 75057 A3 "Quiet Belt" and installed it Saturday... It appears the Gatorback is ~ 1/2" shorter than the belt I removed, and it is a bit more snug once installed... Voila, no more squeak... :thumbsup: Inspecting the old belt showed nothing of consequence, and no cracks, or problems with any of the ribs... The Gatorback has grooves cut across the ribs which is probably why they named it Gatorback as it has that appearance to it...

#4 ·
Wow, at last. . . .!! Congratulations, that has to feel good to get that fixed.

#5 ·
Keep me posted, same scenario but squeak cam back ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.