PO12F - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PO12F

Im getting a PO12F and PO232 DTC code , and my truck is running sluggish when its cold. Any Idea's. Put a egr delete kit and new oil cooler about 6 moths ago.
kenmx10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

P012F - Oil cooler efficiency monitor. Code stored and wrench light displayed when the oil coolers efficiency drops below a specified threshold for a given speed and vehicle load condition. TSB 09-24-3 for the code and TSB 09-08-3 to test the delta temperature.

So - maybe you have a bad EOT or ECT sensor. Are they reading the same first thing in the morning on a cold engine? What did you do with the coolant system? Did you flush it with chemicals?

The P0232 is a fuel pump code. Fuel pump secondary circuit high. Voltage is detected to be present at the fuel pump monitor circuit when it has not been commanded "on" for more than one second. Short to power or sticking relay.
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD Billet WaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs

Last edited by bismic; 02-24-2013 at 07:35 PM.
bismic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

P0232 is a fuel pump primary circuit high input code. The few trucks I've had with that code set have resulted in a HFCM replacement to repair successfully.
m-chan68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

What's the hfcm. I did just have the fuel pump replace last week from the dealer. Could it be connected to that somehow?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
OT

My Photos: (8)
6L HFCM Fuel pump Curious, how was eng. running "before f.p." was replaced by dealer? In othewords, why was it replaced?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

It was running fine. pump just went out and it wasnt getting enough fuel. It would idle only but when i put it in drive and stepped on the gas peddle it would not moving. The dealer said it was a bad fuel pump. They put a new pump on and I thought it was ok. But over the period of a few days i noticed it was running rough while cold. Then checked the codes and got the PO232 and PO12F.

Last edited by kenmx10; 02-25-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.