Rough running with P0263 Code
I am having problems with my 2007 6.0 that is all stock, with 139,000 miles. Here are the symptoms:
1. Intermittent white smoke and loss of pedal. Sometimes a lot of smoke, sometimes a little. If I put the truck in neutral and let it run for about five seconds, the pedal comes back and no further problems.
2. Rough running when vehicle is accelerating around 45 and above. Usually this happens when going uphill. Can't really feel it going downhill.
3. The only codes I can pull are P1000 and P0263.
4. No check engine light.
Sometimes this all goes away. No problems trying to pass or go uphill. More often having problems than not, but still intermittent.
I have read through the posts and this is what I have done since the beginning of this problem:
1. Changed oil, filter and both fuel filters. I thought I might have gotten a bad batch of fuel with water in it.
2. Living in Colorado, I have used anti-gel additive for the cold and disperse water.
3. Removed EGR. It was a mess. I cleaned it up to the best of my ability and replaced it. I thought the truck was running better. It did run perfect for about 30 miles and then back to the same problems.
4. Checked coolant. NO loss of coolant.
5. Fuel mileage seems normal, 15 mpg+. Maybe a little low, but attribute that to the cold.
6. Batteries undone over night last night to reset anything it could.
I am thinking either an injector problem, injector pump problem, EBP sensor (if this is a player), or maybe a bad EGR. Any ideas?
Any help would be appreciated. We are on our Christmas road trip into Las Vegas, NV today if everything goes right. If anybody, knows of a reputable diesel mechanic in Las Vegas I could take the truck to Monday, I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
2002 F350 Crew Lariat 7.3 4x4 Short Bed - MBRP 4" Exhaust Turbo Back; AFE Stage II Dry Intake
2007 F350 Crew Lariat 6.0 4x4 Long Bed - Stock