Serpentine Belt Diagram - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Serpentine Belt Diagram

NEED HELP!!! I was looking to replace my 2007 6.0L F-350 Diesel serpentine belt and the diagram is different than what is actually installed. It is all factory and the diagram shows that there should be an additional iddler pully that is not installed on the truck. I see the mounting holes but nothing was put there from the factory. I really need a diagram for this if anyone has one.

This image is not the sticker image on under the hood of my truck!!!! This shows 3 idler pulleys and my sticker shows 4 under the hood. Any help?
Attached Thumbnails
Serpentine Belt Diagram-diesel-drive-belt.jpg  
jrb1126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

That is exactly the way my belt runs. I think you are just missing the other idler pulley on your truck as I am not sure how you would be getting tension on the belt if you are missing a pulley..

There is a small smooth pulley underneath the intake manifold, a ribbed one above the power steering pump and two on the belt tensioner.
2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)

pics

SLAPS President and Webmaster
teamroper60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
OT

My Photos: (8)
This pic. may help? 6L Engine front view (tks op)
Old 04-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

I took a pic of the diagram and I will post it shortly. If i grab and pull/push on the belt I can move it about 4 inches in either direction. I will attach the pic within the next 10 min.

Thanks for the response.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Added Pic

Here is a pic of the diagram under the hood of my truck. The pully that is different is while looking at the diagram the alt. is the highest point. Directly below the alt are 2 idler puleys. the previous diagram shows only one and that is how my truck has it but this factory diagram under the hood shows 2. Any thoughts????
Attached Thumbnails
Serpentine Belt Diagram-2007-serpentine-belt-diagram-60-diesel.jpg  
Old 04-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
I think it is the diagram for a dual alternator setup. The belt would be run slightly different....
"Moby Dick" 2005 F350 2wd CC SB PSD. All stock. ScanGauge II with custom (homemade) mirror mount. Self installed heated seats. $4.00 high idle mod. Planned upgrades: 4" turbo back MBRP exhaust, coolant filter, ARP studs.
Pulls my 2007 Thor Wave 25' travel trailer like it ain't even there.
EnCMerk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

There is another diagram for dual alt. I am thinking that there was an upgrade on the 07 engine adding a puley and I got a 06 engine. I am confused.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

I got the same thing on my 07, belt routing doesn't match any of the drawings on the labels. The label on the passengerside valve cover lists the engine as a 2006, my truck is a 2007 but was a very early build, don't have the date, but took delivery Sept 9, 2006.

Doug
2007 F-350 Crew Cab DRW 4X4 4.10LS, MBRP 4" Cool Duals turbo back, SCT/ custom tunes from Elite Diesel, Autometer gauges EGT, Trans, Fuel Pressure, MSD Dash hawk OBD II reader for ECT,EOT,Voltage and Boost, Dieselsite coolant filter,EGR delete
dougjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

In 2007 there was a bunch of emissions requirements that came through. It sounds like there were changes made to the 2007 model that were not made on our 2007's because of the early build. Have you brought this up at your dealership? If so what did they say?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Never noticed until I changed my Alt., in the fall. Forgot about it last time it was at dealer. Will have to remember to ask them next time I'm there.

Doug
2007 F-350 Crew Cab DRW 4X4 4.10LS, MBRP 4" Cool Duals turbo back, SCT/ custom tunes from Elite Diesel, Autometer gauges EGT, Trans, Fuel Pressure, MSD Dash hawk OBD II reader for ECT,EOT,Voltage and Boost, Dieselsite coolant filter,EGR delete
Old 04-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb1126 View Post
Here is a pic of the diagram under the hood of my truck. The pully that is different is while looking at the diagram the alt. is the highest point. Directly below the alt are 2 idler puleys. the previous diagram shows only one and that is how my truck has it but this factory diagram under the hood shows 2. Any thoughts????

The diagram on your truck is for the dual alt setup. The dotted line is the belt for the second alt.. The first one you put up is exactly what my single alt system looks like... If you have 4 inches of play, you may have the belt for the dual system on a truck with the single... That or your tensioner has lost it's tension..

And I don't believe there is anymore emissions equipment on an 07 6.0 than there is on any other year. The emissions changes came with the 6.4 (which came out in Jan. 07 due to the emissions changes that went into effect then).
2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)

pics

Old 04-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

I am assuming you are talking about the first pic I put up. I fyou are talking about the second pick (the one actually under the hood) than i agree. The dotted line is for the 2nd alt set up. The solid line should be the way mine is set up but it is not. My belt follows the first pic I posted and not the one under the hood. I called the dealership and they told me it should match the diagram under the hood (it does not). I think I need to just take it to them and tell them to figure it out.

I thought there were some emissions requirements for the 2007. As an example the diesel pumps state 2007 newer must use the ultra low sulfer, thus reulting in some new emissions and other changes to the 2007 6.0L?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

jrb1126, I think mine follows the same route, I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow. Where did the first pic come from. I have same sticker as 2nd pic under my hood.

Doug
Old 04-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

The original pic you put up is the way a single alt system is routed. For some unknown reason, Ford did not include that diagram on the sticker under the hood....

The ULSD became a requirement in Jan '07 and technically speaking, the first 6.4's hit the street in early '07 but they were branded as '08's. Back then, there was a lot of confusion about the sticker on the pump because it said '07 vehicles. But there are no pickups built with a 6.0 engine that was manufactured after Dec. 06. Thus, the 6.0 as installed in '07 model year trucks does not have any extra emissions equipment that previous years did not also have.

pics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.