squeal on start up - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2005, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
squeal on start up

After leting the truck sit over night I go start it up and 3 sec after it starts there is a loud squeal which sounds like the turbo it squeals for about a second then quits. Does anyone know what this is or how to fix! Thanks Jim

Sold 2011 F-350 Lariat DRW,4x4,crewcab,black with black interior.B&W turnover,Duraflap mud flaps,ventvisors,recon tailgate lightbar.weathertech floorliners

SOLD 2008 F-350 XLT, 4x4 crewcab.shortbox,swd.black with chrome pack.6 speed manual,3.73 gears.Ride Rite 2450,2158 compressor,B&W turnover ball.
Gooseneck horse trailer 4 horse elite with living quarters.
http://photos.thedieselstop.com/showgall...=1&ppuser=45952
calfroper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2005, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Re: squeal on start up

Sounds like your belt. Check the belt and pully's.

2003 F550 PSD Stakebed

2004 F350 SD CC PSD 4x4 Lariat, DPPI, Edge Juice w/ Display ( ordered ) & aFe
Greg__S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2005, 07:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
Re: squeal on start up

[ QUOTE ]
After leting the truck sit over night I go start it up and 3 sec after it starts there is a loud squeal which sounds like the turbo it squeals for about a second then quits. Does anyone know what this is or how to fix! Thanks Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same thing only it lasted more than a few seconds, more like until the engine warmed up. My dealer replaced the belt with an updated version. No more squeal, squeak. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif[/img]
Dark Green Satin Arizona Beige Met Accent Lariat 142" WB Styleside Pkg 608A, 3.73 LS 8800# GVWR, Electronic Shift on the fly, Telescpng TT mirr-powr/HTD, FX4 pkg, Skid Plates, Adj. Gas/Brake Pedals, Reverse Aid Sensors, Hitch Reciever 15K, Heated Seats - Ford bed liner - EGR Bug Deflector - Window vents - Billet grill - Mud Flaps - Locking Fuel Cap - Bull Ring stake pocket tie downs - Isspro gauges EGT, Trans Temp, Turbo Boost, Cubby Gauge pod - Sirius Radio - Rancho RS9000X Shocks

1995 Green Taurus SHO mini-mods
1988 Arrest Me Red Corvette 380rwhp many mods
green_mule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.