tranmission shifting weird innovative tunes - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tranmission shifting weird innovative tunes

hello all i am afraid to say it but i fear my tranny is on its way out. the truck is still within warranty i have a sct chip with innovatives tunes

Anyways it threw a code the other day and keeps doing it once ina while the code was p0757 which is tran. solonoid B stuck on i beleive.
the truck on the high way drives fine but if you give it any gas it seems the tourqe converter becomes unlocked or its just coming out of overdrive bec it down shifts.

driving in town if you step on it goes and after letting off and going to normal throttle it down shifts and gets stuck then up shifts and down shifts repeatedly for a few seconds

when i put th truck in reverse it seems like it jumps into reverse and when backing up if i give it a little gas it chatters the tranny chatters not the diff

and of course i cant put the truck back to stock cuase the screen on my xcal 3 is broken

what have i done to this tranny lol any ideas??
05 F 250 XLT extented cab PSD, guages,smoked led tail lights,roof lights, and mirror lights , SCT Xcal 3 innovative X street tune, silver line cool duals, mtx thunderform encolsure with two 10's, alpine deck. 3" rough country lift.

96 F250XLT heavy duty, ext cab, PSD 5-speed, 4:10's/limited slip-so far homemade tymar intake with big filter ,diy stage 1's, ts 6 pos chip, 4 inch turbo back to 5 inch slash cut stacks, pyro and boost guage.reverse glow guages, replaced clutch with a LUK replacement,garmin street pilot, sirius sat radio, Alpine Cd player, Alpine Type R 12" sub, sony xplode amp in custom center console, diamond plate trim and side steps, Visor, bug sheild,
SOLD I sure do miss it !
CapeCodF250PSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2008, 08:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

any one out there?? i just got another code last night P0766 Shift Solenoid D Performance or Stuck Off and it wouldnt shift into overdrive i need this to last me some time i been babying it and it it still sucks...any suggestion on transmission parts or what to do would be great
05 F 250 XLT extented cab PSD, guages,smoked led tail lights,roof lights, and mirror lights , SCT Xcal 3 innovative X street tune, silver line cool duals, mtx thunderform encolsure with two 10's, alpine deck. 3" rough country lift.

96 F250XLT heavy duty, ext cab, PSD 5-speed, 4:10's/limited slip-so far homemade tymar intake with big filter ,diy stage 1's, ts 6 pos chip, 4 inch turbo back to 5 inch slash cut stacks, pyro and boost guage.reverse glow guages, replaced clutch with a LUK replacement,garmin street pilot, sirius sat radio, Alpine Cd player, Alpine Type R 12" sub, sony xplode amp in custom center console, diamond plate trim and side steps, Visor, bug sheild,
SOLD I sure do miss it !
Old 06-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

If it were me, I would have set mine back to stock once the trans initially began acting up. Get a new screen if thats your only way to set it back. It sounds to me like your driving this handicapped trans around still with added power, so that would be the first thing I did. And, are you sure your still within warranty? Will they cover the trans even with the added power?

New truck: 2008 F250 Superduty Lariat 6.4 PSD Job 3, black, with ALL the goodies, very impressed so far...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dieselmankane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

well i looked at the manual on scts site and looked at the steps to change tunes and with the broken screen i now have the truck back to stock it drives a little better but not really from stop it takes alot to get it to move sometimes almost like its just slipping and sometimes it dont shift right and shifts hard....its still within warranty and the only thing they need to know is that it has exhaust and ill see what they say about it....

any suggestions or tips? on what to do or get if it not covered

SOLD I sure do miss it !
Old 06-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

This might be a dumb question but have you checked the trans fluid and filter? It might be that the PCM is all wacked out by the tuner and needs to be recalibrated for stock. Could also be a sticky line pressure solenoid (PC-A). If it were mine I'd take it in and at least try to see if they'll fix it under warranty.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

yes i am going to try and take it in to warranty if my local dealer wont do it i have connections to a dealer in new hampshire that will....so i will take it first thing monday to try and get it done

i checked the fluid level it is good....idk about the filter though i dought it owuld be causing what i am experiencing

how could i fix the sticking solonoids or anything like that or even recalibrate it

the truck is back to stock now too

SOLD I sure do miss it !
Old 06-29-2008, 08:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodF250PSD View Post
how could i fix the sticking solonoids or anything like that or even recalibrate it
You fix sticking solenoids by replacing them.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Mark Kovalsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

But a P0757 doesn't mean the solenoid is sticking.... it means that the PCM has seen a condition that "appears" to be a sticking solenoid
GrampyJim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

so if the ecm sees it as sticking does that mean the tranny is probaly junk...and it just thinks its solonoids sticking i dont get the codes anymore i used to get them first thing in the morning then it got more frequent now that i figured how to get it back to stock with the cracked screen its seems better but is still not right it shifts sloppy down shifts when not supposed to i bascially have been just babying it to get around.....

any other suggestions

SOLD I sure do miss it !
Old 06-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

so i guess my truck is out of warranty this is just great the dealership or stealership told me when i bought it had a 5 year 100,000 on engine and 5 year 60,000 on my powertrain

but i guess not in 05 huh? not until 2007 ugh now what do i do what transmission parts would you guys recommend

SOLD I sure do miss it !
Old 07-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Tran problem

I have the same problem with my trans. i get the p0756 selenoid B stuck and have the same problems you say.....let me know how you fix it....
oliver_reynoso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

I just rebuilt my 05 torqueshift 5r110w trans on Saturday because of a broken sprag in the coast clutch drum.

tranmission shifting weird innovative tunes-dsc04697_thumb.jpg

In my research about this trans I found out they also have solenoid problems.

If you a getting the same code over and over I would replace that solenoid that is in question.

If you are getting different codes for internal electrical components (such as solenoids), I would check for a loose wire harness on the case connector (passenger side). Also check the wire harness from cross member to connector for wear from corners.

I was getting gear ratio codes when mine let go, I knew a solenoid would not make it fall out of gear. This same failure happened once before at 15k, the dealer fixed it then, now it has 52k and I had to fix this one myself.

I found out that they changed the entire overdrive section in 08 to help with this problem. I replaced everything from the center support to the pump with the updated 08 parts, ( five pieces )

tranmission shifting weird innovative tunes-dsc04708_thumb.jpg

tranmission shifting weird innovative tunes-dsc04734_thumb.jpg

Also installed a dual friction, billet front cover converter for extra converter clutch strength
JamesK080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

I just had the same thing happen only mine got to where it would go straight to 4th in drive and nothing in reverse. It would kill the motor if i tried to drive. I ended up with a new transmission from ford at a cost of 4g's.
richnakol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.