Wet CAC boots - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wet CAC boots

I have about 72,000 on a 06 6.0. The CAC tube boots are starting to get messy. I'm assuming that the oil has got to them and they are weeping with boost pressure. What is the best source for replacements? Have no other weeps or leaks and just hate to have a mess for such a simple issue.
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

CAC Boots

Check this ebay store out, see if it meets your needs. I just replaced my Boots also, pricey little rascals.
eBay Store - Ford Diesel Parts: 6.0 L DIESEL ENGINE PARTS, 6.0 L DIESEL GASKETS, TURBO CHARGER PARTS
2004 6.0 liter(stock), 4x4 Dually King Ranch Package. Goose Neck Hitch, Bull Bar, 130 watt off road lights x 2, Vent Visors, Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, Edge Insight Monitor, E*R Spool Kit, Dieselsite Coolant Filter Kit, GatesHeavy Duty Fleet Runner Serpentine Belt, Tires: Hankook Dynapro AT RF10 LT235/85R16 ROWL M+S. Use PM-22-A Motorcraft Diesel Cetane Booster with every tank. Pullin' 33ft Travel Trailer or 20ft Deck Boat.

https://home.rr.com/bnax

Former 1996 7.3 Liter Dually XLT with conversion package , Tymar intake, Trans temp gauge, Auxiliary trans cooler.

"Give a complicated problem to a lazy man and he will always find a simple solution", words of wisdom from Uncle Smokey.
kbroadnax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, Those are better prices than I have seen elswhere so far. Appreciate it.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Bumpy, look at doing the CCV re-route, get rid of all that crap going back into your engine!! This CCV mod is difficult only if you overthink it. Vent it to the outside and be done.

2011 F250 C/C Lariat SRW SB 6.7 4x4 50 gal. Aux. tank

2002 f250 7.3 Lariat SRW SB 4x4 nittos Ranch Hand bumpers straight exhaust TS 6 position chip 174k

God, Country, The Citadel
1954oldred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Pricey rascals indeed!

I can sell the 6C3Z-6C640-B for $39.56 & 6C3Z-6C640-A $43.88

+ UPS or Fed Ex shipping ($9-10 in the lower 48)

Call us at 1-800-328-9552, be sure to mention this website when calling.
OR check out our website http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/

Check out Ford's website as well!
http://www.fordparts.com/autonationfordwhitebearlake

I'll meet or beat anyone's price on Ford OEM parts
TousleyParts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

I agree with ccv reroute. Just did mine and can see the emission coming out of it alot. That would really help them boots stay clean as well as your inner cooler. Easy mod you could do in about an hour.
Powerhouse9228 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

You know, I did something similar to an inline 6 gas I had years ago due to the air filter constantly getting soaked with oil. Although I'm by no means a tree hugger I'm not sure I want to just dump that on the ground. Or all over the undercarriage.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TousleyParts View Post
Pricey rascals indeed!

I can sell the 6C3Z-6C640-B for $39.56 & 6C3Z-6C640-A $43.88

+ UPS or Fed Ex shipping ($9-10 in the lower 48)
Is that price with or without clamps?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Sorry, no clamps

We do sell clamps from time to time; However, with these particular boots I usually don't sell clamps.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

clamps range from $8-11ea

Old 12-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #11 (permalink)

wet cac boots

I posted about this at another time in regards to the BD CCV filter. This is a device which says it will remove the oil from the blow by and recirculate only air and you would have a catch can for the oil which is drainable. The main problem some of us would have is to locate it in another position if you also have a coolant filter installed.
baddna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
I have about 72,000 on a 06 6.0. The CAC tube boots are starting to get messy. I'm assuming that the oil has got to them and they are weeping with boost pressure. What is the best source for replacements? Have no other weeps or leaks and just hate to have a mess for such a simple issue.
Bumpy,

Don't buy those silicone boots. I'm on my second set (yes the last set were the updated ones from the dealer) and they are now leaking. I'm 100% stock. I just ordered replacement boots from dieselsite.com, which are NOT silicone. A little pricey, but I don't care. The updated boot from Ford started leaking after 8 months. They also sell a wire clamp that goes on the pipe to help with blowoff.

http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...ROD&ProdID=932
2005 F350 Superduty 6.0L CrewCab LB 4x4 Black Lariat Loaded w/ S&B Cold Air Intake / 2008 Telescoping Mirrors / Recon Smoked Cab Lights & Side Markers / Cooper Zeons / Bilstein Shocks / MBRP Turbo Back Exhaust / Edge Insight / Cab off repair replaced every gasket in engine after buyback process ended with a check from Ford (Oil Leaks) / Run Rotella Synthetic / Stanadyne Performance Formula in every tank

2012 Greystone Fifth Wheel (Heartland)

2003 Black Lab (Magnum) 105 LBs and runs on Pro-Plan
wheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
The crankcase vents to the intake therefore there will always be a source of oil. Replacing the stock boots does not do any good because they will just saturate again.

If they are replaced with something that is not permeable the oil will just collect there.

I personally just wipe mine down every now and then. I could not justify spending any money on that item. Once I kept after it the wet spot on my bell housing went away as well.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #14 (permalink)

I think I'm going to just remove clean, inspect for cracks and if all is good re-install. I can't really justify the $$$$ for it to happen again regaurdless. It has taken 72,ooo to get to this however, so if it becomes a constant issue right after cleaning I may just get a new set............ took 3 years to get this way first time around.
What would be a good cleaner? Dish soap perhaps?
Old 01-02-2010, 08:52 AM   #15 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
I think I'm going to just remove clean, inspect for cracks and if all is good re-install. I can't really justify the $$$$ for it to happen again regaurdless. It has taken 72,ooo to get to this however, so if it becomes a constant issue right after cleaning I may just get a new set............ took 3 years to get this way first time around.
What would be a good cleaner? Dish soap perhaps?
I just take a rag to mine. Dish soap is a great degreaser and would work. I noticed mine after I was under my truck for an oil change and saw that the bell housing was wet(~18,000 miles). Took it to the dealer and they put dye in it. I did some looking around on my own and found drips forming under the CAC boots. I reacted the same way you did. I did some reading on it and came to the conclusion I posted above. I bounced it off of a few techs. One in particular said sometimes they replace them at the dealer he works at just to make the customer happy but acknowledged that they will again become saturated and drip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.