Where's the oil sending unit? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2005, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where's the oil sending unit?

I need to find the oil sending unit on my 05 6.0L. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've checked THE BIBLE and can't find any reference to the sending unit. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2005, 02:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (21)
Re: Where's the oil sending unit?

Right here, item 5

O

02/03 built F350 6L, DRW, 05 Grille , 4" DPPI Exhaust, UltraLites on the A Pillar and Overhead Console, Firestone Bags & Compressor, Hadley Bully Airhorns , 50 Gallon Transfer Flow, Racho 9000's, Leveled 2.5/0, In-Dash PC , XM Commander.
Photos
ozhoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2005, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Its easy to confuse the sending unit with the pressure switch. The sender is on the firewall side of the oil filter. The switch is left or toward the passenger side. There threaded different too. The pressure switch is some hybrid thread no one I know has every seen. Pressure sender is #4 "hydralic" thread.

Wekiwa
A little turbo tweaking
Modified V-pipe and up-pipe assemble
Ceramic coated most stuff
Bypass oil filter kit
Black on Black
Wekiwa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2005, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry, but I am a little confused as to the terminology being used here. I know where the oil pressure switch is located (see above link to Bible part #5), but where and what is the oil sending unit located?

Thanks,
05 Excursion Ltd 6.0 - PSD Door Badges, BFG T/A KO 285/75-R16 Tires, C-Bet'r Mirrors, Catch-All Mats, ISSPRO EGT/Boost A-Pillar Mntd Guages, The Diesel Site Coolant Filter, Underhood Insulation & Weather Strips, Factory Mud Flaps, 22" Wipers, Valentine 1, Over Mirror Mntd ISSPRO Oil Temp, Oil Press, Volts, Diff/Tranny Temp Gauges, Custom Carling Switch Panel, KC back-up lights, Super-Springs, Custom 12v Power Outlets, Door Courtesy Lights, Vinyl Tubed Door Seals, Dynamat Extreme Everywhere, LED's in Door Handles, Amber Turn Signal Tail Lamps, PML diff & tranny covers, Fluiddampr, AFE Stage II Intake, LED TMI Tail Lamp & Rear Amber Turn Signal Bulbs, Cab Lights, Rancho Steering Stabilizer, RS9000 Shocks, V-Code Front & S-Code Rear Springs, 4.30 Gears, Edge Attitude, MBRP 4" Exhaust.
-----------------------------------------------
www.turrisimotorsports.com
cturrisi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2005, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Wekiwa. Found it.

I'm thinking about tapping into the sending unit with a "T" fitting to pickup a supply for bypass oil filtration. I'm a little concerned about the ECM getting accurate oil pressure readings after installing the "T". Any thoughts?
Old 10-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

stripped threads

I have a 2005 F250 6.0 that when I went to change the oil presure sending unit I found the threads inside the plate are stripped. Any suggestions?
skofca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 05:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotWho View Post
Thanks Wekiwa. Found it.

I'm thinking about tapping into the sending unit with a "T" fitting to pickup a supply for bypass oil filtration. I'm a little concerned about the ECM getting accurate oil pressure readings after installing the "T". Any thoughts?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that the ECM monitors low-pressure oil pressure. The sender is simply an on-off switch that activates when it reaches 7 psi and directly connects to the oil gauge on the dash.
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.