2003 7.3 no power at fuel pump or fuse # 30 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2003 7.3 no power at fuel pump or fuse # 30

I have a 2003 F250 and dont have power at fuel pump, or fuse #30. I put power directly to fuel pump and it worked and truck fired right up.

Can anyone please help?
dustys7.3psd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
RT
Lifetime Supporting Member

You don't have power to either side of fuse 30? The diagram would seem to indicate one side should be powered all of the time:

http://www.justanswer.com/view_image..._184109_30.gif

You might want to unplug your the heater plug in the fuel filter bowl to make sure you don't have a grounded circuit if it is blowing fuses.

Last edited by RT; 01-06-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: add information
RT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Fuse # 30 is high beam headlights thats why IT has no power. Fuel heater is fuse # 105 a big square 30 amp fuse. My fuel pump is fuse # 40 and i have power to both sides of it.

I do have a TS performance chip. Last night It fired up and ran really rough and felt like only running on like 2 cylinders. I would try to give it throttle and rpms would not change at all. I barely got out of my neighborhood going like 10 mph is all it would do. I then pulled over on the side of the road and it started running even rougher and then died. I tried to crank it and it would spin over and over and over and it would never crank.

I towed it home and thought it might have been a clogged fuel filter so i changed it this morning and still it didnt do anything. I finally went and got a can of Ether and sprayed it very carefully and got it to crank. I could keep it running as long as i get spraying a fine mist into the intake. But as soon as i stopped spraying it would die.

So that is were i am at now. Put power to the fuel pump and ran great.

But not getting power to the fuel pump is my problem right now.

And i did check the reset button on kick panel.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Uh, not sure what year truck you have and all but I'd try what he said...unplug the fuel bowl heater wire and make sure you've got a good fuse in the #30 fuse position...regardless, just try it. The fuel bowl heaters are notorious for shorting out and causing the #30 fuse to blow. Just try it...won't cost you anything.
Early 99 F350 4X4 CC 7.3 Auto. A.R.E. Topper, bed carpet/bench inserts, Rhino grill guard, CCV Canister Style Mod, AIS w/sleeve, Fuel filler mod, GOS headlight harness, Hella 80/100s, 02-04 Headlights, Rancho HD stabilizer, 06 Telescoping/heated mirrors with C-Btr Mirrors, Hella FF1000, Htr Bypass valve, front receiver hitch, Quadzilla XZT gauges, ITP Pre-pump/In-tank mods, Pioneer P5000UB w/XM radio, 4 Infinity Kappa 682.7cf, Fumoto valve, FIAMM Highway blaster horns, SS HPX, IDM mod, DP F5 (Stock,Drive-thru,60T,80E,120,80E-Mountain,1200), Walker BTM, RR, Dieselsite BRV, BTS Tranny, 26 row tranny cooler, Bilstein shocks, Amsoil bypass oil filter, Donaldson ELF7405 oil filter, billet thermostat housing, front & rear parking cameras, Aux reverse lights, Heated Seats.

Security: CrimeGuard Alarm with remote notification, DIY jimmi-jammers, door cylinder locks and linkage removed, padlocked rear bench seat hinge, PCM, DIY "pitstop" switch.
losfinch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Its a 2003 f250 and all my fuses check good. none of them are blown.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
RT

Wow. Guess the guy who drew the diagram was wrong. Sorry for the misinformation....
RT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

I verified that fuse # 30 is headlights because when i turned the headlights on i got power on the fuse and when i turned them off i lost power.

But i have been reading on the older model trucks that fuse # 30 is the fuel bowl heater.

Last edited by dustys7.3psd; 01-06-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: additional
Old 01-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Where is the fuel pump relay on a 2003 f250 7.3?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

I took the radio out hopeing that the fuel pump relay was behind it like i have been reading but no luck.

Still looking for it.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

The relay , I think is built into the central junction box with the fuse box . Its not serviceable. Check out this thead on powerstroke.org
Fuel pump not getting power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Old 01-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have found the problem.

I have forgotten to share one of the main add ons on my truck. I have a veggistroke kit.

The reason for the fuel pump not getting power was because the power for the fuel pump runs through my veggie kit and my veggie kit tells my diesel pump when to turn on. And a RELAY in the veggie system was the cause.

They say its not common for the relay to go out but i am lucky number two that it has happened to.

Other then the relay, the veggistroke kit is bullet proof and its the best thing i ever installed on my truck. And i have already put easily 50,000 miles on the system and this is the first problem.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

Was this a greasecar system? I'm having the same problem
vandiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.