99 7.3 Excessive oil consumption!! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99 7.3 Excessive oil consumption!!

I have a 99 f250 7.3 that is a fleet truck. bought the truck a year ago everything was fine. The truck now consumes about a gallon of oil per week. Rotella 15w-40 used. No visible leaks, Turbo compressor housing and wheel are clean and dry. Also exhaust housing and downpipe are dry. Took lid off fuel filter housing, filter is good, fuel is clean, no oil. Any Ideas????
ADSPSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (2)
Re: 99 7.3 Excessive oil consumption!!

Get the codes pulled, cylinder contribution test, buzz test and compression tests.

BTW, welcome to the site [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Kanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Smoke...oil in exhaust pipe?
2002, F350, Crew Cab, XLT, 4x4, PSD, Auto, Black Tinted Windows, Aluminium wheels, Manual Locking Hubs and shifter, adjustable pedals, 6 Disc CD Changer, Towing Package, Camper Package, Rubber Floors, Highway Products custom toolbox / dog kennel combo, 2 1/2 inch Pro Comp Front Leveling Kit, Banks 4 inch Monster Exhaust, Triple Pillar Gauge mount with Isspro Pre turbo pyro, turbo boost and tranny temp gauges, Isspro Turbo Temp monitor, Ranch Hand Bumpers front and rear...Bullnose up front...10inch drop in rear, Warn 12000 winch, Bilstien Shocks.

ATS Tranny, ATS 5 Star Torque Converter with V10 Aux cooler, DI High Performance Alum intercooler, DI 6 position chip, DI Ceramic Up-pipes, DI High Pressure Crossover Rail Kit, Engine Mounted Fuel Pressure Gauge, Garret GTP38R Powermax BB Turbo, AFE Stage II intake.

397k miles and strokin for 500k. Still using original glow plugs and injectors. Been running 1 qt of Pennzoil 2 cycle oil with every fill up since the inception of ULSD.
Matt Calley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

No oil in the exhaust, tried to run cylinder contribution and buzz test but wouldn't work. I have communication with the truck just won't run the tests, communication problem somewhere.
ADSPSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2007, 02:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)

It has to go somewhere. If it's not leaking, not showing up in the coolant, then it's burning. More than likely you have an injector o-ring that is shot.
Pocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

I'll second the O Rings....
Special thanks to RacerX USA

action4478 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.