99 zf 6 speed disassembly - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99 zf 6 speed disassembly

does anyone know where i can get the disassembly procedure or a break down of the components in the zf 6 speed manual particularly the shift bar housing or related part
2000 ford f-350 cc dually 4x4 auto- rcd 2.5" front lift, eagle alloy rims, mbrp 4" exhaust turbo back, 3 gauge pillar boost, pyro, tranny, dp tuner f5 6 pos chip, billstein shocks, mag hytech trans pan, different fuel pressure spring, dual rancho steering stabilizer, tn 1.00, high flow outlet ceramic coated, 6.0 spearco cooler, flexalight fans, fass 150, IH plug, 203* thermostat, billet therm. housing, non ebv pedastel
best time yet, 15.44

trx300exnj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: 99 zf 6 speed disassembly

I know a guy locally who does tons of those trannys. There are a lot of things that need to be inspected, lots of little tricks and some special pullers required to properly disassemble one of these units. A word to the wise, unless your trying to patch it, leave it up to the pros to fix. Also I know the shafts get bent due to other bad parts making it hard to shift.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

lol i am a "pro" im a diesel tech and work for cat i just need the service manual on the trans so i can do a little research buddy of mine said 6th gear wont engage and gets stuck wanted to see if that trans used a shift bar housing utilizing detent balls and springs and the type of syncros used thanks for ur 2 cents though
2000 ford f-350 cc dually 4x4 auto- rcd 2.5" front lift, eagle alloy rims, mbrp 4" exhaust turbo back, 3 gauge pillar boost, pyro, tranny, dp tuner f5 6 pos chip, billstein shocks, mag hytech trans pan, different fuel pressure spring, dual rancho steering stabilizer, tn 1.00, high flow outlet ceramic coated, 6.0 spearco cooler, flexalight fans, fass 150, IH plug, 203* thermostat, billet therm. housing, non ebv pedastel
best time yet, 15.44

Old 11-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

What smokeskull said.

Once you start tearing into it be sure to save all the parts so you end up with a fully creditable core.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Try this link to see if it helps you:

ZF S6-650 North America

It has an exploded view and parts list.

Went to new owner on 12/12/09 (I will miss her)
2000 F350 XLT CC LB SRW 6spd 4x4 Toreador Red
'08 Center Console,Ranch Hand Grill Guard, SBC ConO clutch,DP Tuner (60T,80E,120R),Gauges,Ford AIS,Walker BTM,AIH delete,HPX Oil Crossover, Wicked Wheel,TurboMaster WG Contoller,Riley BRV+,Riley Boost Boots,EBPV Gut w/mod. pedestal,IH Bellowed UpPipes,Final Charge ELC coolant w/heater bypass,Riley Coolant Filter,Ford AIC,Centramatic Wheel Balancers,115gal Aux tank,Firestone airbags w/cab control. Oilguard Bypass Filtration,DFA 'Cross Connect' Fuel Lines
Rich_Kimball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

thanks exactly what i needed
best time yet, 15.44

Old 11-21-2007, 02:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

He told me once that he went tru 6 cores before he found 1 that was rebuildable. Sometimes theres so much wrong there just junk inside.
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.