Any pointers for fixing turbo pedestal oil leak - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any pointers for fixing turbo pedestal oil leak

Looks like an awkward area to work on, any pointers on this job, or links to how to do it? Any special tools needed? How many o-rings are there that should be changed, and do you have a good source for the o-rings?
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/public...3HPOPGuide.pdf You can try to bring this up, for some reason I can't seem to boot it up, but it's the place to go for HPOP repair info. This TDS site will block some web sites sometimes. Could be they are having trouble on the web page, it's a PDF file.
99.5 F350 XLT Lariat 4X4 4R100 4.10 DW CC LB Centurion conversion Garret Turbo, Radio SD &Tape, SP Performance 40-60-80 chip, 100 Gal.Transfer Flow W/Trimax Control Aux. fuel tank. ScanGaugeII, Boost, EGT, Trans. Temp. Oil Temp. Build date 03/99

92 F350 7.3 IDIT E4OD CC LB dually Banks turbo US Gear O/U

Have AutoEnginuity W/Ford enhanced. Lima OH area.

My mind works lightening fast.
One Flash and it's gone forever.
Bill1013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, lots of good info there! It didn't really have anything on the turbo pedestal o-rings though. It was for the HPOP. I will save it for future reference though.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

You will need to pull the turbo to fix the leak. http://www.dieselorings.com/docs/Pow...structions.pdf. I also gutted the ebpv flap while I was doing it. Gutting the Exhaust Back Pressure Valve - 1994-1997 Power Stroke FAQ. I'll see if I can find the instructions for deletting the actuator rod if you are interested.
2000 7.3 powerstroke. PHP 6 position chip (stock,high idle,60tow,80dd,100hp,no start) . 6637 riffraff filter kit . AIH delete. Oil crossover. 6.0 tranny cooler. In tank mods. Wicked Wheel. EBPV delete. Walker 21470 muffler. Riffraff FRX
tbpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Here is the link to getting rid of the rod. I used a 1/4 npt plug and tap and used locktite. Turbo :: Gut and Plug video by MazdaMartinb4k - Photobucket

Also, you can get all the o rings from dieselorings.com. He also has a set for the turbo. Also this would be a good time to install a wicked wheel which helps to prevent turbo surge.
2000 7.3 powerstroke. PHP 6 position chip (stock,high idle,60tow,80dd,100hp,no start) . 6637 riffraff filter kit . AIH delete. Oil crossover. 6.0 tranny cooler. In tank mods. Wicked Wheel. EBPV delete. Walker 21470 muffler. Riffraff FRX

Last edited by tbpower; 02-02-2010 at 12:08 PM.
tbpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithgow View Post
Thanks, lots of good info there! It didn't really have anything on the turbo pedestal o-rings though. It was for the HPOP. I will save it for future reference though.
Whoops ---For some reason my cursor jumps all over when I go to favorites since I changed to IE8.
99.5 F350 XLT Lariat 4X4 4R100 4.10 DW CC LB Centurion conversion Garret Turbo, Radio SD &Tape, SP Performance 40-60-80 chip, 100 Gal.Transfer Flow W/Trimax Control Aux. fuel tank. ScanGaugeII, Boost, EGT, Trans. Temp. Oil Temp. Build date 03/99

92 F350 7.3 IDIT E4OD CC LB dually Banks turbo US Gear O/U

Have AutoEnginuity W/Ford enhanced. Lima OH area.

My mind works lightening fast.
One Flash and it's gone forever.
Bill1013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.