BG 244 (Injector cleaner/additive) Experiences? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BG 244 (Injector cleaner/additive) Experiences?

Has anyone here tried this stuff? I have a co-worker (not active on TDS), who tried it. He was very impressed. He said he got a significant (~2mpg?) increase, while it was in the tank, and also has said that (>1 mpg?) increase has remained after it was run out of the tank over several fillups. He said it was EXPENSIVE (~$40/per which treat 40 gallons) from NAPA.

I did check out theor website, and the recommend treatment every 7-10 Kmiles (or something like that).

So, I was just wondering if anyone here had tried this stuff and what their experiences/impressions were.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

My Photos: (38)
Re: BG 244 (Injector cleaner/additive) Experiences?

I have used it and it really did a good job, but not good enough to justify the cost. Some stuff from Walmart or Autozone, etc. (Lucas is pretty good) is much cheaper and will give you similar results in the tank. The boost your friend got from it after the initial tank was gone had to be due to cleaner injectors / fuel system. If you already have a clean fuel system, the long-term effects from something like this would be negligible.

For the cost and performance, POWER SERVICES, is awesome stuff, I can usually get a 2MPG increase with it, and it keeps everything clean. I would recommend it with every tank, it actually does pay for itself.
gregrob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)

It is NOT intended to be used every tank. It should only be used every 7,500 miles.

It is a fuel system cleaner and works VERY WELL. The BG 244 is a Diesel version of BG 44K.

The big thing is to use it when you are making short trips NOT on a long trip. You want the BG 244 to be able to soak in during shut down. Then at start up carbon and other deposits that where softened by the BG 244 are burnt off.

Wayne B
2000 F-250 XLT PSD 4X4 ESOF Auto, SC, LB, Gauges, Mag-HyTech Trans Pan & Rear End Cover, <font color="red"> (((XM))) Inside</font>, ATV Racks w/ Two Kawasaki Prairie 400 4X4's sitting on them, 25' Rockwood TT. Ashburn, Va. Member # 103 Pictures

www.CarpathiaHost.com
Wayne B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2006, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have never been a fan of this sort of stuff, but I do know for a fact that VW sent one of there vehicles from Germany over for BG to work on something that would reduce EGR valve sticking, so they must have some proven products.
10" Lift 38 PJs, EDGE Trac Bar Relocate, ORU X over, Weld Outbacks, AFE Stage 2,Hypermax 5", Hypermax Mod BJ Code Injectors, Hypermax H2E (broke, replaced with something bigger), Hypermax Rev Kit, ITP Fuel Sys, Aeromotive fuel pump, forged rods, main studs, head studs, billet intakes, WOP fire rings, BTS Trans & HPOS,

99 F-250 Reg Cab 4x4 Auto, Project truck,
97 F-350 Reg Cab 4x4
96 F-250 Reg Cab 4x4 Auto, Stock/Wrecked AVAILABLE
03 F-250 Reg Cab 4x4 Auto 6.0, Studded, EGRless, Hypermax Injectors/Firerings/5" exhaust, AFE Stage 2, Electronics vary DEAD

SDCRM #13
Agree? Disagree? Wanna Talk Trucks?
(785)243-4879
<font color="red">KANSAS members, PM me. </font>
Nick Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2006, 05:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

My Photos: (38)

[ QUOTE ]
It is NOT intended to be used every tank. It should only be used every 7,500 miles.

Wayne B

[/ QUOTE ]

What is NOT intended to be used every tank? I was talking about Power Services, not BG.
gregrob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
I have never been a fan of this sort of stuff, but I do know for a fact that VW sent one of there vehicles from Germany over for BG to work on something that would reduce EGR valve sticking, so they must have some proven products.

[/ QUOTE ]

BG is one of the most respected products in the industry.

They don't PAY management to sell the stuff like Justis Bros does to get there product in shops [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img].

BG does pay the tech .25 cents for a token that comes in the can or bottle top from the BG guy. But the techs don't decide what products get sold in the shop.

Wayne B
2000 F-250 XLT PSD 4X4 ESOF Auto, SC, LB, Gauges, Mag-HyTech Trans Pan & Rear End Cover, <font color="red"> (((XM))) Inside</font>, ATV Racks w/ Two Kawasaki Prairie 400 4X4's sitting on them, 25' Rockwood TT. Ashburn, Va. Member # 103 Pictures

www.CarpathiaHost.com
Old 01-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wayne B

[/ QUOTE ]

What is NOT intended to be used every tank? I was talking about Power Services, not BG.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you were comparing BG244 to Power Service and they are to different products.

Wayne B

www.CarpathiaHost.com
Old 01-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the info guys. I think I will try a bottle of BG 244 and see what happens. I (this summer) had been brewing/burning 100% biodiesel, and from what I hear, my fuel system should be really clean because of it. But I have also heard that bio/WVO can coke up injector tips... My motor runs great (I think) and I get pretty good mileage for my truck config almost all city (non-freeway) driving.

It's only $40...LOL
Old 10-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

hey guys. just found this thread. I have a older Rudox Generator w/lister petter diesel engine at the company I work for and they cant remember when the last time it has been serviced (oil change, etc, etc) I just did the first oil change and it looks like it still had the original oil and fuel filter in there. we used it through Sandy, ran perfectly, but I wanted to just be on the safe side and run some injector cleaner and put some good stabilizer in there. could I use the BG244 in there? and whats the best stabilizer?
jaycummins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.