Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com (http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/)
-   99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain (http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   Code P0001 Fuel Volumne Regulator Control Circuit Open-What is this and how do I fix it? (http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f24/code-p0001-fuel-volumne-regulator-control-circuit-open-what-how-do-i-fix-42203/)

garysjames 04-24-2005 04:52 PM

Code P0001 Fuel Volumne Regulator Control Circuit Open-What is this and how do I fix it?

Just replaced the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) in my 2000 F250 XLT 4WD and went down to the local Autozone parts house to use there OBDII code reader to clear the computer code/error and found that I have "P0001 Fuel Volumne Regulator Control Circuit Open", I was not able to clear this code/error.

What is this and how to I fix this?

I was able to clear the P0500 code for the VSS with no problem.

Thanks for the help, I always appreciate the great questions and answers seen in this forum.

Gary

GrampyJim 04-24-2005 08:57 PM

Re: Code P0001 Fuel Volumne Regulator Control Circuit Open-What is this and how do I fix it?

Aside from the fact that your truck doesn't have one of those... I've never heard of this code. Are you sure it isn't being confused with a P1000? This code is simply an indication that not all emissions monitors have completed a test cycle. Clearing codes make P1000 come back.

garysjames 04-26-2005 11:26 AM

Re: Code P0001 Fuel Volumne Regulator Control Circuit Open-What is this and how do I fix it?

Hi Jim,

I certainly could have transposed the numbers from P1000 to P0001 but got the Fuel Volumne Regulator Control Circuit Open description right off the OBDII code reader.

I had 2 instances of this code being set, neither of which I was able to clear, I was able to clear the balance of the codes (P0500) for the VSS with no problem.

I did do a search on Google and get a list of valid generic codes here> here

It lists a P0001 as a Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit/Open problem, I just don't know what or where it is or what to do to fix/repair the problem.

I was not able to locate a P1000 code anyplace, you have a suggestion?

Even though this 2000 F250 XLT Diesel was built for California, it really does not have much in the line of "emmissions" stuff on it.

Anyway, I am still stumped, anybody else have a guess or suggestion?

Thanks for the help as always.

Thanks,

Gary

haul_n_horses2 04-26-2005 12:15 PM

I think that is bogus and perhaps due to the OBDII code reader being an elcheapo Autozone model that does not have the specific codes for your vehicle. If you look at the DTC listed here there is no p0001.

garysjames 04-27-2005 11:21 AM

I wasn't aware that there was a cheap and correct reader, I will check around for another and see if can read it and perhaps clear it.

Thanks for the advice, SES light is OFF and everything seems to run great.

Gary

cbxracer 10-21-2011 05:40 PM

P0001 code on 05 Sprinter Diesel

we are getting the same code P0001, Fuel Volume Regulator
Control Circuit/Open.

where to start looking for a problem. engine light keeps coming on and won't run or get out of it's own smoke...... any help greatly appreciated