Code P0603 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Code P0603

I have a F-250 PSD, 7.3 and am on several occasions clearing this code.
Question: Is this a sign of something coming that will force me on the side of the road in the future or is it something I will have to see the dealer about?

Other than this, everything else is fine.

Thanks,
auburn74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (61)
Re: Code P0603

If you will tell me what year truck you have I will move this thread to the appropriate forum. This one is for testing signatures, links and such. It clears itself off every night at midnight.

Dave / Believer45

LINK TO LIST OF THE FALLEN

'95 F250 ext cab long bed, PSD, 5 speed, 2 wheel drive, 3.55 gears, 286,000 miles, Edge Evolution CTS (LINK TO MY REVIEW), LUK clutch, homemade REAR BUMPER, open element AIR FILTER, 36" ARE contractor cap. With tools, full of fuel and me on board (300 lbs) steer 3620, drive 3860 total 7480.
Believer45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sorry for the mishap.
My F250 is a 2002, crew cab, 4WD.

Thanks again,
auburn74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)

Contrary to popular belief Codes do not tell what is wrong with a vehicle. A code is just a Referance number for a test proceedure. You get the code look in the system and it will give you a test proceedure to perform in sequence and not skipping any steps or it's not valid.

Now some codes are commonly known to be related to a certain problem. But you are still guessing till you test.

And sorry I don't guess at codes. But this will get you back to the top to someone who will. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

Wayne B
2000 F-250 XLT PSD 4X4 ESOF Auto, SC, LB, Gauges, Mag-HyTech Trans Pan & Rear End Cover, <font color="red"> (((XM))) Inside</font>, ATV Racks w/ Two Kawasaki Prairie 400 4X4's sitting on them, 25' Rockwood TT. Ashburn, Va. Member # 103 Pictures

www.CarpathiaHost.com
Wayne B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2006, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

PO603= PCM Keep Alive Memory. You will normally get this code when disconecting batteries or removing and installing a chip or programer, because your temporarily disconnecting power to the PCM.
I wouldn,t worry about it.

Past 2002 F-350 Lariat, Supercab 4X4, Toreador
Red, 7.3L, Auto, DRW, Fully Loaded.

Past 94.5 F-250 Lariat, Supercab 4X4, 5 spd 7.3L PSD.
DRJ48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2006, 07:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

How long does it take for this code to clear itself? I disconnected the batteries over a week ago, drove it for a week. It is at the dealer for some maintenance and the code is still showing up. They did say it was an old code. Does that mean it is just an old code that was stored, but is not active now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.