The Diesel Stop banner

CPS Question

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  redtopman 
#1 ·
Need some help.

Just replaced my fuel pump and it still won't start. If I open the drain valve the pump pushes fuel out ok. Voltage to the pump..

Now after replacement it still won't start. Initially after reinstalling the grounds codes P0232 and 693 were present so I cleared them and they did not come back. No codes before pump replacement.....no codes after.

Now my question

I noticed while trying to start the RPM gage did not budge. On my older 97 this was a sure CPS Problem. What I want to know is does this indicate a CPS problem in my 2002??? I watched a video on pump replacement on a 99 7.3 and RPM gage moved prior to starting.

Can the CPS go bad without throwing a code?????

Any help appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
2002 rpm will not move till start up

#3 ·
Thanks. Whats the chance of a bad CPS with no codes thrown??

#4 ·
it's possible stick your spare cps in

#8 ·
Actually I l got two. A new original and an old grey.

#10 ·
I had a no start problem a while back and it was the ground strap coming off pasenger side battery. It was cranking but would not start. Just something to check.

#12 ·
you mentioned this in one of my other threads. I checked everything over there just as soon as your wrote it. Thanks I will check for wiring again and again before this is over with. I will probably have egg on my face when I get it running. Still love this truck.

#13 ·
Crank No Start Summary

I have several threads open for this problem so I want to close them out. After troubleshooting the IDM was defective. Truck is running.

I wrote a PDF complete with Pictures and attached it to my ICP Confusion thread. Thanks for your help. If you would like to review my trouble shooting please go to my confusion thread with the link below.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f24/icp-confusion-help-609513/index3.html#post4386201

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.