Cracking 4R100 bellhousing on 99 F350 Powerstroke - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2005, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cracking 4R100 bellhousing on 99 F350 Powerstroke

I have a problem with the the cracking of the transmission bell housing on my Powerstroke. Truck runs fine. It is on both sides starting at the bottom and going up the sides it is near the large end of the bell
Im trying to figure out what is causing this. The only mods i have made to this truck is the fuel tank pickup kit and the high pressure oil rail cross over hose. The transfer case failed a couple years ago and recently the rear driveline came off the back of the transfer case due to use of wrong bolts by a mechanic when the transfer case was replaced.
I do not race this truck or go tearing thru the woods with it. I occasionally pull a small 2 horse trailer with it. Its a 1999 F350 4X4 Powerstroke extended cab short box SRW. Did the transfer case and the driveline problems cause this? or is something more sinister going on even though the truck drives just fine.
cowboys652002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2005, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
Re: Cracking 4R100 bellhousing on 99 F350 Powerstroke

[ QUOTE ]
The only mods i have made to this truck is the fuel tank pickup kit and the high pressure oil rail cross over hose.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh boy, this will give those H/X mod haters some more ammunition [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

sorry...couldn't resist
thomas

<font color="orange">'02 F250 XLT CC PSD 4WD</font> <font color="navy">3.73ls VDH2 oxford white/silver metallic, DP-Tuner 4 pos.(40, 70, 100, 125), FTVB, AIS, WD Turbo Brake III, 4" Magna-Flow turbo-back exhaust, wicked wheel, 3 guage A-pillar pod w/ Di-pricol white-face guages, ITP fuel system, after market leather seats (two tone), Super-Liner, "chromed" emblems, CCV mod., BFG AT 295/75-16 on 16 x 10 Ultra Type 50/51 wheels, Rancho RSX, Amsoil bumper-to-bumper, PopUp GN hitch, GOS harness & SilverStars </font>

'04 F250CC Lariat PSD FX4 white/silver, Putco stainless toolbox, stock!!!

<font color="red"> Immokalee Regional Raceway </font> <font color="green"> '57 Cushman Eagle </font>
AllStarPSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2005, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)

I would not rule out the Possibility of the drive line causing this, if the shaft was out of ballance this would cuase a lot of Vibration, which I would suspect you would feel, I Would take it to a shop tha can weld aluminum cast and get it reapaired promply, then keep a close Eye on it for continued growth.

This is not far from home...
Robert
Have Late 99 (4/17) XL psd 4X SC Dually, 4" t-409 turbo back exhaust, South Bend Dual Disk clutch Tunes By Bean, 533 hybrids Autometer A pillar setup Warn trans4mer/16.5 ti winch..37' Montana 5th wheel GCVW ..heavy and a B-@ss Boat
My Homies...
http://nwforddiesel.com/
Frankenstien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2005, 06:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)

Was the truck ever hit in the front? I have seen transmission crack when the front axle gets pushed back slightly from a impact making the transfer case act as a lever snapping the transmission. All that energy gets transfered through the front drive shaft. Maybe some heavy off roading could cause this too.
FMT
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]
2000 Excursion Limited 4x4 Dark Satin Green Arizona Beige 7.3 DIT, AXDO, 3.73 LS, DP Tuner F5, TERMINATOR II w R-IPR, Adjustable Boost Regulator, Turbomaster, EBPV Delete, Air Dog, ITP Regulated Fuel Return, Fuel Cooler, Tags 1&2, Harpooned Tank, Magnaflow XL Exhaust w Aeroturbine 4040L, Sonnax/Tricumulator, 8 Autometer Sport Comp 4 Gauge A Pillar 4 Gauge Overhead, Ford APCM, Crimestopper Remote Starter With Remote Fast Idle, Ford AIS w Zoodad, W Code Front Modified B Code Rear springs, Rancho RS9000X, Rancho 5406 Stabilizer, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, BFG Rugged Trail TA, V10 Trans Cooler w Dual Electric Pusher Fans, Coolant Filter, IAH Delete, (((XM))) Line Of Fire Light, Ford Cab Lights, 05 Headlights w GOS Conversion Harness, Jimmi Jammers, 03 Lighted Painted Tow Mirrors w C-BETR, PSD Badges, Pullrite Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller, Born 01/29/00
fordmastertech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2005, 09:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (52)

Happened to my 99 when the drive line came apart at the t-case [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]. Going about 70 on I-5 in Washington [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif[/img]! In the fast lane, bet I pissed some people off that night trying to get to the sholder [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]! Cost me a new trans, starter, and flywheel. I would see the guy who did the t-case [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]!
01 F-250 SC PSD,260k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100 from P.I.S, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Water injection,Swamps Tuning and IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
CSIPSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.