EBP Tube - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (8)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlueMuleTrucking
EBP Tube

I am wondering where the ebp tube ends and easiest way reach it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
Send a message via ICQ to 96Cobra
It runs from the passenger side exhaust manifold (you can see it through the wheel well) to the front on the engine, above the water pump.
2002 F350 XLT, CC, SB, 4x4, Auto, AIC, DiabloSport Predator, BD X-Monitor, Kenwood TM-V7A, Pioneer 7400MP3, Infinity 5.25" Components, Infinity 10" Sub in a Q-Logic Box, Heated Mirrors, Gentex/Mito Auto Dimming Mirror, Rear ID Bar, Uniden PC78 Elite CB, Clifford Matrix RS3 Alarm/Remote Start, Keypad Entry, Homemade "Tymar", custom, muffler back exhaust, 6 Whelen LED's in rear window, 6 Whelen Strobes in the Front, Rears still not installed...
96Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

EBP Tube

Thank you. I just changed the sensor hoping it'd do the trick. Does it matter which way it goes in?

Old 02-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Send a message via MSN to rammertide07
Re: EBP Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMuleTrucking View Post
Thank you. I just changed the sensor hoping it'd do the trick. Does it matter which way it goes in?

It can't go in upside down if that's what you're asking. Lefty loosey, righty tighty. Just do the opposite of what you did to remove it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App
2001 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/ Aeroforce Interceptor/ BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/ 4" turbo back straight exhaust / CCV Mod /DIY 6637/ TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40 Tow WITH Whsiper tune, 80 Daily Driver, 100 Race, 140 Extreme, 140 smoke show)/160/stock FFD/PowerSlot rotors and green EBC pads/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Hood/HPx/FRx/GPR switch-Indicator

Louisiana Powerstroke Owners

Power Stroke Dyno/Tech Site
rammertide07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would have also pulled the line and sprayed the carbon gunk out...its in there. It could also have a crack in it = exhaust leak = less flow to turbo

2001 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/ Aeroforce Interceptor/ BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/ 4" turbo back straight exhaust / CCV Mod /DIY 6637/ TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40 Tow WITH Whsiper tune, 80 Daily Driver, 100 Race, 140 Extreme, 140 smoke show)/160/stock FFD/PowerSlot rotors and green EBC pads/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Hood/HPx/FRx/GPR switch-Indicator

Old 02-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

EBP Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammertide07 View Post
It can't go in upside down if that's what you're asking. Lefty loosey, righty tighty. Just do the opposite of what you did to remove it.

I meant upside down/ right side up with bends etc.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMuleTrucking View Post
I meant upside down/ right side up with bends etc.

Oh, I had the image if the sensor in my head. Yes, that matters to. Its a hard line. Just gotta visualize it, try to remember how its orientated.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

EBP Tube

I guess the good ole college try at trail and error is the trick. I may try to hack at the manifold side this evening I am thinking of using a crows foot extension and swivel on one side and wrench on the other. I'll try to leave the old while attach the new then do the top side. I am real glad I ordered the tube with sensor from Tousley.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

EBP Tube

Didn't realize there was a nut there. It's good and tight now. Going to clear the code and see what happens.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

EBP Tube

I tightened up that sensor now it's tightened properly the code has gone away but now I have the following:
-Key on engine off: P1294-Injector High Side Open
-Key on engine running: P0476-Exhaust Back Pressure Control Valve Malfunction
-Continuous Memory:
-P0603-Power Interruption on KAPWR Circuit(I believe it to be broken wire in door which I'll address in the spring)
-P1316-Injector Control Module Codes Detected.
Thanks for any more help in advance it is greatly appreciated Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Last edited by BlueMuleTrucking; 02-02-2013 at 07:34 PM.
BlueMuleTrucking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (178)
The P1294 and P1316 codes are of course injector circuit related. Could be that you disturbed the harness while you were messing with the other stuff. Check where the harness goes across the driver's side valve cover. A short there from chafed insulation can cause problems.

The EBP code may also be a wiring issue. Check for chafing and open circuits there as well.

The P0603 is just because you had disconnected the battery.
99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version), AIS, coolant filter w/"hokum" bracket, regulated return, heated mirror mod, lighted cupholder, Marinco heater plug-in.

Hard or no-start? Check Here
klhansen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klhansen View Post
The P1294 and P1316 codes are of course injector circuit related. Could be that you disturbed the harness while you were messing with the other stuff. Check where the harness goes across the driver's side valve cover. A short there from chafed insulation can cause problems.

The EBP code may also be a wiring issue. Check for chafing and open circuits there as well.

The P0603 is just because you had disconnected the battery.
Would taping the harness up do the trick or would I need to cut and splice to repair. I did check it out originally for crank/no start, but I'll go ahead and tape all the wiring that could chafe for good measure and see what happens. Where would the EBP wiring be. I don't believe I have the wiring diagram for that.
Thanks a lot for your help Kl.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hey guys,
I got the exhaust side off but the sensor side won't budge. I bent the bracket and put it back. I am thinking of hitting it with the torch but worried because of it's close proximity to the HPOP and WP. What kind of mess am I getting into if I take that bracket off to work on it on a bench?

Last edited by BlueMuleTrucking; 02-04-2013 at 05:44 PM.
BlueMuleTrucking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (178)
If you're thinking about taking off the HPOP gear bolt access cover that is part of the EBP bracket, that'd be fine. There's no oil pressure behind it, just the gear space that drains to the oil pan. Be sure you seal it up properly with RTV when you put it back on. The EBP bracket fitting where the sensor screws into has a hex on it that you might be able to get a backup wrench on, then you might be able to get the sensor off. Same for the EBP tube nut. It's just a tight space to work in because the fan gets in the way. If you can get the two wrenches on the flats with a slight angle between them (in the right direction) then squeezing the two together should loosen the connection.

If your IDM/Injector circuit codes are caused by a chafed wire, then taping the chafed spot should do the trick. But if there's a wire separated, you'd have to track that down and repair it with a splice.

Good luck
99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version), AIS, coolant filter w/"hokum" bracket, regulated return, heated mirror mod, lighted cupholder, Marinco heater plug-in.

Hard or no-start? Check Here
klhansen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks Kl all your help is greatly appreciated. The sensor is out, exhaust manifold side is off. I'm using a 5/8 crows foot on the EBP pipe and 9/16 wrench on the bracket nut. If I do pull the bracket do I need to use hi-temp RTV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.