Exploded view of 7.3 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exploded view of 7.3

Hello all,

Does anyone (prob Ken ) have an exploded exterior view of the 7.3 and its hoses/accessories. I have that ATF leak coming from the bottom of the radiator, which has stopped momentarily, and along with the radiator replacement I'm going to do ALOT of PM. New upper and lower hoses (dual alt one), new belt, water pump, 203 thermostat, billet tstat cover, coolant and tranny filters, 6.0l cooler, new hard lines in tranny circuit from Tousley, engine oil cooler rebuild kit, all the proper fluids as discussed here, and a bunch of other stuff. (Made a lot with side work this month!) I know there is more on the front that I could do while its all apart. I figure if I had some diagrams to look at I could spend some more money! I am calling the boys at Tousley tomorrow and will ask him about the remaining hard lines for the tranny circuit... Darn salt from these NE winters.

Any other suggestions?
Would it be easier to flush the tranny alone before installing and filling the new coolers/ filters? Its all new except for the trans itself.
Coolant flush procedures?

Also, my local parts guy carries Zerex antifreeze. It goes by g05 but the number is zxg051. Has anyone had any experience with this particular antifreeze? (I like to support my local hometown stores)
This is a lot of work to do and I want to make sure I don't miss anything. I know Murphy's law will have something to do with this, but!

And as usual, you guys are great.... I love lurking in here and reading about things that may or may not happen to me with my rig. I have owned it since new and it's been a great truck. So I think after 160k she deserves to have these nice things!.... At least that's what I tell myself when the bills for all this come in!
2000 F350 4x4 7.3l PS std cab, 190,000 mi, Ty-mar intake, 4" exhaust, 305 coopers (awesome plow tires), ISSPRO gauges, AIH delete w/ boost input, S.S. HPX line, 07 mirrors w/heat, head lights and clear corners, Riffraff plenum reinforcements, Riffraff boots, Riffraff fuel rail x-over, Riffraff boost fooler, Driven Diesel pre pump kit, Max AC assist kit, Hutch and Harpoon Mods, Dieselsite coolant and trans filter, 203* T-stat, 6.0l tranny cooler, Turbo master waste gate, ATS ported compressor housing, bellowed up pipes, Marinco Mod, Magtek front diff cover, Saginaw pump kit, DP tuner F6 w/ no start, 60t,80 and 100 hp tunes, Pioneer AVH-P8400BH radio and AE. New oil pan!!!! Installed the right way!

NEXT: new oil pan.

1997 f350 7.3l 4x4 dually mason dump (Work truck)
2005 F350 6.0l PS std cab (work truck) EGR delete w/SCT tunes with decell.

I think I'm starting to run a fever!

Last edited by radvonrad01; 06-26-2011 at 03:50 PM.
radvonrad01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2011, 09:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Bump.....
2000 F350 4x4 7.3l PS std cab, 190,000 mi, Ty-mar intake, 4" exhaust, 305 coopers (awesome plow tires), ISSPRO gauges, AIH delete w/ boost input, S.S. HPX line, 07 mirrors w/heat, head lights and clear corners, Riffraff plenum reinforcements, Riffraff boots, Riffraff fuel rail x-over, Riffraff boost fooler, Driven Diesel pre pump kit, Max AC assist kit, Hutch and Harpoon Mods, Dieselsite coolant and trans filter, 203* T-stat, 6.0l tranny cooler, Turbo master waste gate, ATS ported compressor housing, bellowed up pipes, Marinco Mod, Magtek front diff cover, Saginaw pump kit, DP tuner F6 w/ no start, 60t,80 and 100 hp tunes, Pioneer AVH-P8400BH radio and AE. New oil pan!!!! Installed the right way!

NEXT: new oil pan.

1997 f350 7.3l 4x4 dually mason dump (Work truck)
2005 F350 6.0l PS std cab (work truck) EGR delete w/SCT tunes with decell.

I think I'm starting to run a fever!
radvonrad01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (6)
Might want to put a heater cut off valve in.

Use the Fleet ELC from your local international dealer and be dine with it.

Get a good synthetic ATF. Good for hot and cold.

99.5 F-250 CC LB 4x4 7.3 Red
Trail Boss Replacement Bumpers, Tool Box, Headache Rack, Full Length Running Boards, BFG AT/KO 285/75x16E, 2003 Cup Holder, Marinco Heater Plug, Weather Tech Rain Vents / Hood Guard, B&W GN Hitch, X-Springs, Rear 4" F350 Blocks, Hellwig front and rear sway bars, Airlift / Wireless, Duraflaps

Isspro A-Pillar Gauges, Isspro TTM, Ford AIS, Magnaflow 3.5" DP - 4" Exhaust, Garrett GTP38R Turbo, Turbo-Master, High Flow Outlet, Non EBV Pedestal, IH Up-Pipes, DS 203 degree Stat, OA, BTS Tranny, 6.0L Tranny cooler, DP-Tuner F6, FRX, Cass Stage 1s, T500 HPOP, DieselSite HPX

99 F-250 CC SB 4x4 7.3 White
Ranch Truck, Ranch Hand brush Guard, Original Cup Thrower, DP-TUner F6, 4" Turbo Back Magnaflow, AIS Intake, 6.0 Tranny Cooler, Ford 4R100HD, CM Flatbed

Autoenginuity
Flywheel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.