f250 stopped running - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2005, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
f250 stopped running

i was driving along and lost all my gauges and accellarator, engine and all other electronics run fine just no power, checked my fuses and had a blown fuse, changed it and it blew again, now i talked to the dealer and they said just to bring it in. now fuse number is 45 is there anything i can disconnect and still be able to drive the truck to the dealer or possibly fix this problem myself.

thank you in advance

rob
sandanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2005, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (21)
Re: f250 stopped running

Welcome to TDS. You've got to tell us about your truck. What year/engine?

O

02/03 built F350 6L, DRW, 05 Grille , 4" DPPI Exhaust, UltraLites on the A Pillar and Overhead Console, Firestone Bags & Compressor, Hadley Bully Airhorns , 50 Gallon Transfer Flow, Racho 9000's, Leveled 2.5/0, In-Dash PC , XM Commander.
Photos
ozhoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2005, 08:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

sorry truck is an 03 7.3 and i have edge juice w attitude 4" mbrp exhaust and 15" lift on 40" toyo open country m/t
Old 10-01-2005, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (21)

Have you added any lights onto the dimmer circuit? Disconnect both connectors on the headlight switch and see if the fuse blows.

O

02/03 built F350 6L, DRW, 05 Grille , 4" DPPI Exhaust, UltraLites on the A Pillar and Overhead Console, Firestone Bags & Compressor, Hadley Bully Airhorns , 50 Gallon Transfer Flow, Racho 9000's, Leveled 2.5/0, In-Dash PC , XM Commander.
Photos
ozhoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2005, 08:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

bump
2001 7.3L F450 4x4 CC Automatic Fontaine Conversion 4:30 Limited slip Reyco Granning Full Air Ride Supension, Transfer Flow Fuel System, 4" MBRP turbo back, gages, pryo pre turbo.
Build Date 03-12-01 in KY. Towing a 34 foot Thor Tahoe toy hauler 5er.
2004 F250 CC SB XLT 6.0 Automatic Gauges Big Walker Truck Muffler towing a 23 foot American Freedom with a buggy inside
OldmanII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2005, 07:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

ttt
Old 10-03-2005, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

^^^^^
2001 7.3L F450 4x4 CC Automatic Fontaine Conversion 4:30 Limited slip Reyco Granning Full Air Ride Supension, Transfer Flow Fuel System, 4" MBRP turbo back, gages, pryo pre turbo.
2004 F250 CC SB XLT 6.0 Automatic Gauges Big Walker Truck Muffler towing a 23 foot American Freedom with a buggy inside
Old 10-03-2005, 12:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Wierd -- had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday morning on my F-350. Not sure of the fuse number, but it was a 10A and according to the chart was for the APCM. In my case, I pulled fuse #4 (10A for the under hood, interior and glove box lights) until I could pick up a spare. My thinking is that over time, the fuse fatigued due to vibration and as soon as a crack developed, the weak link let go. Just a thought...

Steve.
spepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2005, 08:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

Update

well got my truck back from the auto electric guy and he said that my wiring harness behind the fuse box was rubbing on the steering shaft, and over time wore through the casing on the wire therfore grounding on the shaft. so some of you guys out there should probably check yours just to make sure it's not rubbing

thanks for all your input in helping me try and diagnos this problem,

rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.