generic electronic module - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
generic electronic module

ok ive looked at wiring diagrams and found that all the things that wont work on my truck in some way go to this module. so i think im on the right track but i dont know where it is. anyone know???????
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2005, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Re: generic electronic module

Its behind the under dash fuse panel. Need to drop the fuse panel to get to it.
Y2K,F-250 Lariat, PSD,Auto 4X2, NVK4, S.Cab,White, Banks T.O.P. and Muffler, Isspro Gauges, TTM, Sonnax & Tricumulator, Rancho 9000s, AIC, Silverstar Bulbs,SUVLIGHTS Harness,Homebrew "Britebox",Homebrew LED "Strobes", N-fab nerf steps, Heater Core mod
Dash mount digital trans. temp... Slimline LED'S Strobed Video
Tparker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2005, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

have you replaced it? i dont think that i can get the fuse block out due to the wires being too short. is there a trick?
Old 06-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

I am just speaking in general, I have not pulled the Fuse Panel out of my truck.

But in most cases you undo the screws, the fuse panel pulls out and the wires will be coming out one end, so you just kind of roll the fuse panel out of you way. Might be tight access to the GEM.

Wayne B
2000 F-250 XLT PSD 4X4 ESOF Auto, SC, LB, Gauges, Mag-HyTech Trans Pan & Rear End Cover, <font color="red"> (((XM))) Inside</font>, ATV Racks w/ Two Kawasaki Prairie 400 4X4's sitting on them, 25' Rockwood TT. Ashburn, Va. Member # 103 Pictures

www.CarpathiaHost.com
Wayne B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2005, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

yeah its real tight in there. also they are attached to one another somehow. do you guys know if this is a dealer only part? thanks so much you guys you dont know what i would be doing if it wasnt for this sight. i think we should start a piggy bank for all the money saved on easy to do items and other repairs that sound impossible only to be easily figured out with the wealth of knowledge on here. i for one just saved 79 dollars for just diagnostics. god knows what would have been charged after that.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

It's a dealer part.

Wayne B
2000 F-250 XLT PSD 4X4 ESOF Auto, SC, LB, Gauges, Mag-HyTech Trans Pan & Rear End Cover, <font color="red"> (((XM))) Inside</font>, ATV Racks w/ Two Kawasaki Prairie 400 4X4's sitting on them, 25' Rockwood TT. Ashburn, Va. Member # 103 Pictures

www.CarpathiaHost.com
Old 06-03-2005, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

ok i just got a price of 373 dollars from the dealer!!!!!!!!! any other alternatives?
Old 06-03-2005, 05:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Try www.powerstrokeshop.com or www.fordpartsnetwork.com

The first one is a site sponsor so try them first.

Wayne B

www.CarpathiaHost.com
Old 06-03-2005, 05:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

There are 4 options for your year, see the link below:

Enter Part #'s here

Try these #'s to compare pricing:

F81Z14B205EE - WITH OR W/O ESOF, WITH POWER GROUP, WITH KEYLESS
F81Z14B205BB - W/O ESOF, WITH POWER, W/O KEYLESS
F81Z14B205DE - 4X4 WITH ESOF, NO KEYLESS ENTRY
XC3Z14B205FA - NO POWER OPTIONS

Give us a call at 1 800 572 1422 with the number off the old one, and we can match it directly.
Dale_Lakin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2005, 07:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

well dale larkin got me this part for 225 shipped! what a great resouce! id like to reccommend anyone looking for a ford part to give him a call first and last..but you may as well just give him your credit card number on the first call!!!!!! thanks again to everyone for the help and dale for the great service and prices. now when i recieve it well see if thats the problem.

chris
Old 10-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

I just picked up an '00 F350 4x4. When I hit the unlock button the wipers come on and the rear windows will work if I hold the lock/unlock down, but the fronts do not work under any circumstances. I also have only one power mirror working, and the front hubs do not seem to actuate. Seems fairly certain the GEM is bad... but where the hell is it? Is it the large board on the back of the fuse panel, or is it under the covers where the wire bundles go in on the bottom back? Trying to find out the exact part number before I call the Ford house tomorrow... but this is proving to be one heck of a pain in the ass!

TIA for the help; several threads on here were instrumental in zeroing in on the problem.
'89 E350 Centurion... 460gas, 12v Cummins soon
Chris Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (175)
Like one of the earlier posts in this thread said, it's on top of the fuse panel. IIRC, the connectors (3) to the GEM itself are on the left side of the GEM, and the GEM is mounted on the front top of the fuse panel, with the two fuse panel wiring connectors below the GEM. Remove the fuse panel connectors from below (takes a 10mm wrench on the securing bolt on each connector), then unbolt the fuse panel from the access opening and move it around to get at the GEM connector, then jockey the whole thing out. When I removed mine, I had the instrument panel cover off, so had a couple of access holes thru from above.

It is a PITA to get at.
99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version), AIS, coolant filter w/"hokum" bracket, regulated return, heated mirror mod, lighted cupholder, Marinco heater plug-in.

Hard or no-start? Check Here
klhansen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah... I'm not sure what the inside looks like but I'm guessing the captive nut on at least of the 10mm bolts is just spinning in place, it doesn't seem to be coming out. I may just see what the Ford house says to replace it, I've made a buddy in the parts department and usually get stuff close to cost, so maybe he can help me befriend the service department.
'89 E350 Centurion... 460gas, 12v Cummins soon
Chris Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (175)
The bolts (not nuts) are captive on the connectors and will be totally unscrewed before the connector comes off. You have to pull on the connector at that point to get them off.

It's always good to have friends.
99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version), AIS, coolant filter w/"hokum" bracket, regulated return, heated mirror mod, lighted cupholder, Marinco heater plug-in.

Hard or no-start? Check Here
klhansen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.