The Diesel Stop banner

Help with P1876

12K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  INFRNL 
#1 ·
Any advise on were to lookare were to start would be nice

#6 ·
Have a look through this sticky , it may give you some idea's , the vacuum system can be hard to chase down some leaks.
good luck , i had problems with the PVH solenoid some years ago, i ended up fitting a new one only to find it wasn't the problem, so go through the info and see what you find and report back.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f27/esof-vacuum-system-416321/

Reactions: ArcticDriver
#10 ·
Thanks for the link Amigo :thumbsup:

#8 ·
Just a coincidence, the ESOF has no connection with the turbo or pedestal, so after you have gone through the sticky you will have a better idea of what your looking at.

#9 ·
Did you have any luck fixing yours ? I am throwing the same P1876 code.

And a big thanks to RustyGold for the shop instructions !

#12 ·
Hub unit seals are a common leak area, especially if you've regreased the needle roller bearings without renewing the yellow o-ring on the hub.

I have had a faulty PVH solenoid before.

#15 · (Edited)
New truck and it also throws the P1876 code.

Once again appreciate this thorough thread on how to diagnose.

When this code P1876 is reported, should my Transfer Case still switch between 2H-4H-4L ?
Because mine shifts to each of these and back out of them to 4H.

Will a leaking ESOF throw this code? I think thats how I made it go away last time.

Thanks

#17 ·
For a year I have thrown “P1876 Transfer Case 2WD Solenoid Circuit Failure“ but the SOF Transfer Case continued to work...until today.

I have not gotten under it yet but I get the feeling that even though the hubs have unlocked that the transfer case has not.

This is the ZF6.

Has anyone had to replace that solenoid? Is it possible to energize it atleast to get it disengaged? I have not had time to re-read old threads yet.

Thanks

#18 ·
I don't remember the details but the tcase can be locked and unlocked through the relays under the hood using jumpers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.