high pressure oil line - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
high pressure oil line

has any one else had problems with high pressure oils lines that feed the heads. i keep blowing the line from the hpop to the passenger side head. is there a better upgrade out there or something i could do? should i try a cross over setup so the pressure in the heads even out? any ideas or suggestions would be great as im going crazy here. oh and the first time i was not programmed either
7.3L turbo Diesel, automatic transmission, goose neck hitch, fifth wheel hitch, stainless steel back rack, 315/75-16 BFG A/T's, AUX back up lights, euro-lite driving lights, upgraded fog lights, dp-tuner, turbo master wastegate controler, dieselsite boost relief valve brv+, auto-meter ultra-lites, 5in stacks no muffler, whelen towmans light bar, DIY tymar intake, DIY coolant filter, 2M ham rig, DIY AIC,
( egauges )

My truck pic's
cdacaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

A crossover would even out the pressure between the two heads, but it should not decrease pressure. If your blowing a HP line off either the head or HPOP outlet then you may need a new line/outlet. Those are quick disconnect style lines that press on, as I am sure you know. If you have a scanner it is possible to look at ICP and ICP DC as well as IPR DC to get a better idea of your HP oil pressure parameters .

BTW, I have the HPX Crossover. It really did not give me anything in terms of performance, but you will be certain that both heads / Injectors are running at the same oil pressure. I don't know if I would do it over again, but it does not leak and I am not taking it off.
2002 X PSD, Billy Boat 4", AirRaid, Gillett Diesel Service Turbo, High Output turbo exhaust housing, KCM HPX Crossover, ITP Overboost Annihilator, Gauges: Boost, EGT, Trans Temp, Fuel Pressure and Water Temp

DP-Tuner 6 pos No Start - 140 Aggressive
Thanks Jody and Diane

Super Heavy Duty / Triple Disc 4R100 built by Jim Galatioto at ATO Transmissions in Sacramento.
NorCalDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

its not just popping it off the line its bursting the line cutting threw the stainless steel braiding. nothing is touching it. it is always the same line and its random. the last time it did it was 5 months ago and then last thursday it did it when i was out in the city. the line is not touching any thing else.
7.3L turbo Diesel, automatic transmission, goose neck hitch, fifth wheel hitch, stainless steel back rack, 315/75-16 BFG A/T's, AUX back up lights, euro-lite driving lights, upgraded fog lights, dp-tuner, turbo master wastegate controler, dieselsite boost relief valve brv+, auto-meter ultra-lites, 5in stacks no muffler, whelen towmans light bar, DIY tymar intake, DIY coolant filter, 2M ham rig, DIY AIC,
( egauges )

My truck pic's
cdacaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

So each time the line burst you replaced the line?? Did you get the line from Ford? I have not had any problems like yours and I am sure those lines are rated for higher psi than you should see on your stock pump. You may want to call someone like BTS or TerminatorEngineering to see what they are using in their dual pump and / or big oil applications.
2002 X PSD, Billy Boat 4", AirRaid, Gillett Diesel Service Turbo, High Output turbo exhaust housing, KCM HPX Crossover, ITP Overboost Annihilator, Gauges: Boost, EGT, Trans Temp, Fuel Pressure and Water Temp

DP-Tuner 6 pos No Start - 140 Aggressive
Thanks Jody and Diane

Super Heavy Duty / Triple Disc 4R100 built by Jim Galatioto at ATO Transmissions in Sacramento.
NorCalDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.