Join Date: Dec 2007
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RD97 is correct. Unfortunately Im typing this AFTER figuring it out on my own. I crawled under the truck and realised this log connected to the oil filter and figured it was a crude attempt at an oil cooler. Ive never seen anything so rediculous, and Ive been a powertrain designer for 15yrs. I removed one bolt in the rear, that didnt do it. I noticed the other bolt and was complaining to myself, what idiot designed this with 2 different size fasteners? It was obvious I had just removed a drain plug, as oil starting running out. As quick as I could, I threaded it back in and tightened it. I found another bolt, then another, so yes there are 5 total, 3 of which are in the rear. As RD97 pointed out, have a bucket handy. I did not and got close to drenched. Luckily my long arms kept me out of the majority of it. I left tools under there and went back up top. Also note, my rusted out oil pan fix using POR15 epoxy and paint, is not working. There was oil on the pan in several areas. Back up top I grabbed the old line and removed the small brass fitting for the lower fuel line. When taking out the lines, this adapter came out. DO NOT DROP this as I did, cause it will go down in the valley. Note, a magnet will not pick this up. Also rather then spending 10+min trying to fish for it with a wire, just force your hand thru the mess in the front drivers corner. It goes in easier then coming out, but it should fit. I bolted up that line and called it a day. Im dreading paying $150 for those new fuel lines, think I will cut those ends off and try my luck at hose clamps for now. At this point my goal is to get it running enough to move it, so the buyer of my camper can come get his new toy. As much as I hate a car payment, I might just trade this junk in for something not so rusted!