The Diesel Stop banner

HPOP line

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SeanO 
#1 ·
I've ended up changing my oil a little earlier than planned due to the right hpop line springing a leak. The rupture points right at the turbo, seasoning it like a cast iron skillet. By luck the stream missed the assorted lines and wires which I'm sure would have been damaged.
My question is how much am I looking at for a hose from Ford? I just don't want to have an aneurizm at the parts counter, it's embarassing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's a number that one of the guys posted a while back

HP oil hose (left side)
F81Z-9A332-AA $82 plus shipping from fordparts.com
Int'l 1831130C1

Don't have the # for the RH one, but it's probably close in cost.

Hope that helps

#3 ·
Thanks, Maybe I'll try duct tape first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I might give the local heavy truck shop a call first, I've been told they can make lines. I'm hoping if I have to go to the dealer they have one on hand, I don't think I can limp it anywhere and I gotsta have my truck.

#4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Maybe I'll try duct tape first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
You'll need the SUPER-DUPER Duct tape for that, I'm sure. Unless you have BIG OIL, then you'll need SUPER-SUPER-DUPER duct tape. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

You might try International - might be cheaper, and they may actually have them in stock.

#5 ·
I have an IH dealer 5miles from me, but all they deal in is tractors. The next closest one dealing in the 7.3 is too far to mess with.
I called FoMoCo this morning and they want $138, and had to order it. I'm glad I was sitting down, I mean, it's just a friggin hyd hose.
I ended up going to the local truck parts place , ironically called "superduty truck parts". They made me up a line for $20. I'm back in buisness now, but I think the trucks gonna smell funny for awhile. I drove down the road where it happened and it reminded me of hanzel and gretel for about a mile. There was no mistaking what made that trail and I'm glad no one was behind me at the time. My whole undercarriage is lubricated from the frt axle back so I guess I'll skip the grease job for now.

#6 ·
I paid @ $53.00 from IH for the left one.Dealer wanted $110.
I took the one from IH back to the stealership to compare parts
just to be sure. Told him what I paid and he showed me his invoice
with their cost being $67.00
Kinda odd.
Not trying to hi-jack your post, Just want people to be aware of the
cost savings out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.