Marvel mystery oil - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 02:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Marvel mystery oil

Anyone ever added this to your motor oil to try and quiet things down? Not sure if it's a good idea or not or what it would do just kinda curious.
AFE Big Boost
4" Exhaust
RiffRaff FRX
EV2 Guages
F650 Dash

http://www.fuelly.com/sig-us/43674.png
DJM0525 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (4)
While Marvel Mystery Oil is a good product, I don't think adding it to the engine oil will quiet it down any. If you have something knocking or tapping from blockage in an oil galley then the MMO is only a band-aid. It may loosen heavy deposits up, but synthetic oils will also do that or time. This is why some claim their engines leak after switching to synthetics.

Adding MMO to the fuel might be something that can help add a bit of lubricity to the fuel, similar to guys running ATF with their fuel.
2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4, HD4R100 , Riffraff FRx, Riffraff CAC Boots & PRI's, Bellowed Up-Pipes, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Powerslot rotors, ATS Ported Compressor Housing, DP Tuner-F6, Autoenginuity, EEC-V Breakout Box, KCM S.S. HPX Line, S&B Filters intake, Quad Autometer gauge pod, Inovations canopy, Banks Big Head wastegate actuator, 6.0L Trans Cooler, Spin-on Transmission filter with custom bracket, Zoo-dad, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Cobra 29LTD/NW CB, DVD and always looking to do more....

Powerstroke Acronyms

TSB Information
woodnthings8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings8 View Post
While Marvel
Adding MMO to the fuel might be something that can help add a bit of lubricity to the fuel, similar to guys running ATF with their fuel.
I had to flush the ATF because the mechanic added the wrong one. So, instead of disposing of it at a municipal site, I can add it safely in small quantities to the diesel fluel?

Would you do it?

Petanqueur99
petanqueur99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by petanqueur99 View Post
I had to flush the ATF because the mechanic added the wrong one. So, instead of disposing of it at a municipal site, I can add it safely in small quantities to the diesel fluel?

Would you do it?

Petanqueur99
Some do it. I don't.

I don't see harm in small amounts, but the actual amount per fill-up is not something I have looked into. I know from reading the forum's some try it, to help add lubricity to the fuel for the injectors.

I personally wouldn't use any fluid that had been in a transmission before. You could be adding particulates to the fuel that would go through the pump and then to the fuel bowl where it is hopefully caught in the filter. Not a risk I would take for the little bit of value it may add.
2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4, HD4R100 , Riffraff FRx, Riffraff CAC Boots & PRI's, Bellowed Up-Pipes, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Powerslot rotors, ATS Ported Compressor Housing, DP Tuner-F6, Autoenginuity, EEC-V Breakout Box, KCM S.S. HPX Line, S&B Filters intake, Quad Autometer gauge pod, Inovations canopy, Banks Big Head wastegate actuator, 6.0L Trans Cooler, Spin-on Transmission filter with custom bracket, Zoo-dad, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Cobra 29LTD/NW CB, DVD and always looking to do more....

Powerstroke Acronyms

TSB Information
woodnthings8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have heard of some people adding two stroke oil to the fuel with good results.
jswatek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings8 View Post
Some do it. I don't.

Not a risk I would take for the little bit of value it may add.
That's good enough for me! Tks

Petanqueur99
petanqueur99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

two stroke oil works great, I've been using it every tank for about 2 months now. I noticed how quiet it got immediately! I meen a real difference. My mileage went up 49km per tank!!!! I'm getting just over 500 miles a tank now, I used to get about 460! I was scheptical, but not now. works great
2002 F350 Super Duty, Crew Cab,Long box,4x4, 7.3 PSD,Full Load, Complete rebuild .010 over by myself except balancing, 2000hp billet connecting rods, ARP main and head studs, ceramic coated pistons, Smith Bros Chrome Molly push rods, Comp Cams springs, shims and seals. Competion complete valve set and head grinding and vacuum tested, DP Tuner Infinity DX programmer and full load of tunes modified for my new Stage 3 250 shot injectors, ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, BD Diesel triple clutch furnace brazed billet torque converter and BD pro engine brake and compressor set up, MBRP 4" stainless turbo back, Driven Diesel regulated fuel return system, AFE pro stage 2 cool air intake, riffraff billet Whicked Wheel 2 compressor wheel in a GTP38R turbo, riffraff blue cooler boot kit and coil clamps, International Double Ceramic Coated Bellowed Up Pipes
1999 Mustang GT Convertible Anniversary, rare stock electric green
2005 Case 580 sm2
2009 40' Raptor Velocity Toy Hauler
Absolute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 10:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have been running the 2 stroke oil for about 6 months now havnt really noticed a difference I use an 1oz per gallon
AFE Big Boost
4" Exhaust
RiffRaff FRX
EV2 Guages
F650 Dash

http://www.fuelly.com/sig-us/43674.png
DJM0525 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

I put 1 litre in per tank, which is about 140L, Soooo, not sure the break down on that, dont have time to do the math. Sure works for my truck. If I miss one tank, I immediately hear more noise. Its real smooth on 2 stroke. I've heard others didn't notice either, but I sure did. I see you have alot of performance stuff on your truck, mines stock except for filter and programmer. So maybe all that stuff makes it too noisy to tell the difference. I know my buddies truck is super performance, and you cant even hear my truck next to it.
2002 F350 Super Duty, Crew Cab,Long box,4x4, 7.3 PSD,Full Load, Complete rebuild .010 over by myself except balancing, 2000hp billet connecting rods, ARP main and head studs, ceramic coated pistons, Smith Bros Chrome Molly push rods, Comp Cams springs, shims and seals. Competion complete valve set and head grinding and vacuum tested, DP Tuner Infinity DX programmer and full load of tunes modified for my new Stage 3 250 shot injectors, ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, BD Diesel triple clutch furnace brazed billet torque converter and BD pro engine brake and compressor set up, MBRP 4" stainless turbo back, Driven Diesel regulated fuel return system, AFE pro stage 2 cool air intake, riffraff billet Whicked Wheel 2 compressor wheel in a GTP38R turbo, riffraff blue cooler boot kit and coil clamps, International Double Ceramic Coated Bellowed Up Pipes
1999 Mustang GT Convertible Anniversary, rare stock electric green
2005 Case 580 sm2
2009 40' Raptor Velocity Toy Hauler
Absolute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.