The Diesel Stop banner

Need advice

4K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Huntin_Diesel 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to rebuild my turbo and everything running to and from it. I already have 4in turbo back exhaust just need to install it. What all do I need? Everything is stock.

#2 ·
No one I figured someone would give me a parts list for everything I need to do turbo and what pipes to get.

#3 ·
You need the rebuild kit. Get an install kit from diesel orings. Order a few extra hex bolts as they tend to be missing. New boots. Possible wastegate upgrade. Plenum inserts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
You've got a turbo back kit- that should have the down pipe. New up pipes would be nice.

#6 ·
That is what I was forgetting up pipe that is why I asked. I knew someone would remind me thanks.

#7 ·
Well - this would be the perfect time to do up pipes since you'll have the turbo off anyway. It is a two man job, so round up some sucker to lay under the truck and catch all the debris while you bolt everything in.

#12 ·
Well - It is a two man job, so round up some sucker to lay under the truck and catch all the debris while you bolt everything in.
I wish I would have known that before I did them by myself!

#9 ·
360* trust bearing kit, bd up pipe, reinforced plenum, heavy duty boots kit. Maybe upgraded turbo wheel would be nice.

Stock waste-gate is fine IMO, just screw in the adjustment as tight as you can and you'll be fine

#10 ·
How's your pedestal? Any leaks?
I'm doing similar to you right now. I'm doing new 4" exhaust, BD up pipes(wrapping them w thanks to dieselnick), turbo rebuild w SP Turboost center section, new pedestal w ebpv delete & RiffRaff CAC boots. I've got a more comprehensive list on my laptop I can add Monday. Try to stay away from that thing on the weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Sorry for the delay, work has been busy.

Parts used:
• Shelor Motormile 2U2Z9K635AA 1999-2003 FORD F-SERIES SEVERE DUTY AIS
o Easy install, fits great
• MBRP EXHAUST STORE MBRP-S6200BLK MBRP 4" Turbo Back, Single Side Black Coated
o Good Quality, Slight fitment issue. Didn’t care for the fact that one extension tube had to be cut to size to fit a standard bed crew cab.
• SP Turboost CO. 811-1206-002 GTP38 TURBO UPGRADE CHRA SPX BILLET WHEEL
o Great looking quality. Shipped promptly.
• Riff Raff GZ-14-010 GTP38 Compressor Housing O-ring
• Riff Raff GZ-14-060 Garrett Compressor Housing Outlet O-ring 99.5-03
• Riff Raff GZ-9-003 Turbo / Pedestal O-rings
• Riff Raff 451274-0005 Garrett GTP38 High Flow Outlet
• Riff Raff 702670-0002 Garrett Non-EBPV/ Blank Pedestal 99.5-03
• Riff Raff 6032168312 Turbo Pedestal Bolt Kit 99.5-03
• Riff Raff GZ-14-012 Garrett 12pt Replacement Turbo Housing Bolts
• Riff Raff RDPHHPX Stainless Steel HPX 99-03
• Riff Raff RDPABK9903 Complete CAC Intercooler Boot Kit 99-03
• Riff Raff RDPPRI RDP Plenum Reinforcing Inserts
• Riff Raff B005-7.3 Intercooler Boot Complete Clamp Kit
o All the RiffRaff items were of the best quality. Obviously I’ve purchased a good amount from them and will continue to give Clay my business in the future.
• Xtremediesel.com BD1043900 XDP 7.3L Bellowed Up Pipe Kit
o Good build quality. All the welds look top notch.
• O'Rielly Auto 22433 Gates Upper Radiator hose
o No more removing the radiator hose to change the serpentine belt!!

#14 ·
#16 ·
Who is the best person to order turbo parts from. I like to actually talke to whoever I am getting parts from.

#17 ·
Bob at dieseloringscom. He'll spend as much time with you as you need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Thanks is their a step by step write up on how to rebuild the turbo on here. I am good with my tools just need to know the process.

#20 ·
Want a shorter living turbo? Just slap a new shell on.

See thread," Arundel Diesel Balances It Up Right" Maryland dieselnick. Turbo remove refit is a big enough P.I.A.
Do it right.

D.I.Yers check thread in FAQ Barder's 369, XDP Billet Wheel, Applied Performance Actuator". Just balance up tight first.

Also my thread is the only tru one on switching to 360degreees, at least it was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.