The Diesel Stop banner

Need badly some help

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  greenskeeper79 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Names dalton here in the PNW. I have a 03 f350 7.3 powerstroke. About 3 weeks ago i drive to my buddies house all fine. Then I fired it up later that night and it died. Hasn't started since. Never threw a code either.

I've replaced batteries, IPR valve, valve cover harness, cam sensor, and the injector harness plug. My buddy has the same truck so we pulled his idm out and hooked it to mine and nothing. It's getting fuel but the injectors aren't firing. Don't have a buzz reader and can't really afford to take it to a shop right now. It's been 3 weeks and we can't figure it out. And help would be greatly appreciated. My tool variety is a socket set and that's it. No pressure gauges or readers.

#2 ·
Injectors won't fire if you are not getting a reading of at least 450 on the ICP sensor. Have you tried to unplug it and try to start?

#3 ·
Don't forget the basics. Check the oil, make sure there is more than 1/4 tank of fuel. Like JLee said, you need a certain value sensed by the ICP sensor (actually 500 psi) before the PCM will signal the injectors to fire. Unplugging the ICP sensor lets the PCM use its defaults. Are you getting any unusual responses - wait to start light cycling normally? Any smoke from the exhaust when cranking?

#4 ·
I've tried starting with out icp Hooked up. Nothing. It's got. A full tank and oil is good. Just did an oil change before it died. I'm thinking it's the hpop cause it's died before and been a ***** to start back up. And now it's not building any oil pressure according to my dash. And there so no smoke

#8 ·
I'm thinking it's the hpop And now it's not building any oil pressure according to my dash.
The hpop does not build engine oil pressure the lpop does that and if there is no low oil pressure there will be no high oil pressure. Is the hpop resivoir full?

Do you have a smartphone and can you afford $5 for Torque Pro and another $10-20 for a bluetooth OBD reader?

#5 ·
#6 ·
So this happened immediately after an oil change? Any additives? What type of oil? How many quarts did you use?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
If it is not smoking while cranking, your injectors are not firing. This is usually caused from a lack of ICP (500 psi is needed, as stated above). You really need to get a scan tool on there to watch ICP. If that is over 500 psi while cranking, something electronic is disabling it from firing. Could be wiring related, CPS related, etc.

Also, I second the question... This happened right after an oil change?

#10 ·
2nd for CPS

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.