Need factory fuel filter housing assembly diagram - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2005, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to ricochet
Need factory fuel filter housing assembly diagram

Well after I gelled up this winter, the fuel filter housing started leaking. At first, it wasn't much at all, but now it has become increasingly more, to the point I can't park in the driveway anymore cause of the stains. I figured it's just an o-ring to replace, but have never taken it apart before. I'm basically looking for a picture diagram of the housing with parts needed to replace all things that leak. Any help would be appreciated.
ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2005, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Need factory fuel filter housing assembly diagram

First question would be, "Have you determined WHERE it is leaking from"?
, Dynomax, Tuff Country leveling kit, (UKN1), Onboard Air!, 29" Hadley Air Horns!
rlarkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2005, 07:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

It's funny you mentioned that, no I have not done so. The last time I was under the hood, there were pools on the intake manifold. But in doing searching, I should have a strong smell of diesel and I don't. I went out this morning and dipped my finger in the puddle and it appears to be oil and not fuel. What on top of the engine would leak oil. Any known problem areas for me to look at in my hunt for the leak? Thanks again.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

HPOP. (High Pressure Oil Pump) under the filter housing.
Check the lines that run to the each head. The O-rings are known to blow.
, Dynomax, Tuff Country leveling kit, (UKN1), Onboard Air!, 29" Hadley Air Horns!
rlarkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2005, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Well I feel like a total and complete idiot. I did have a slight fuel leak at the drain valve (cost me 85 cents to fix thanks to you guys), but the main leak which was leaving puddles was in fact oil and it was comming from the filter. The damn filter was so freaking loose. I tightened it, but I guess since grit got through already, it won't seal totally up. I'm do for an oil change. I will not be going be to Pep-boys anymore. It was a shame too, since they only charged like $53 for an oil change using Rotella oil. Oh well, live and learn, just glad I learned before the engine went bye-bye. She was about 4qts low. Oh and before you ask why, I don't have the facilities to do oil changes in the winter. During the nicer weather, I do my own oil changes...

Thanks for the replies.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (32)

Richochet!

Glad you found your problem before you had bigger problems!

Anyway, just for future reference, if you do need a blown-up diagram of different subsystems (including the filter assembly), the Powerstroke.com website has system diagrams when you click on Model Year Specific parts search... In this case here's the link:

Link to Fuel Filter Assembly

These appear to be Ford diagrams as I believe this is a dealer's site.

Hope that helps!

God Bless,

TC
97 F350 XLT, 4x4, Toreador Red, CC, PSD, MLE0, ZF5, 3.55 l/s, LUK clutch,Velvet Rides, ISSPRO gauges, v/cover vented to tailpipe, DPPI downpipe - modded to 4" right below firewall seam, open element intake using Duralite filter, coolant filter mounted between washer fluid bottle and jack, gutted EBPV, 99+ I/C installed using early 99 Y-pipe and custom pipes, 4-pos chip, BigBopper Seat Mod, Bilsteins, 130cc injectors, homegrown 4" exhaust, uses 36" Magnaflow muffler (Model #12773 body is a full 30" long - nice and quiet!) Custom Fuel System using Carter electric pump, Aeromotive regulator and frame-mounted filters...
2003 Tahoe MS27TT (27' Lite travel trailer), Prodigy Brake Controller.
1991 5.0 LX, runs 12.57 @ 109 mph
My Intercooler/Fuel System Install Webpage (section on CCV Mod too): http://members.localnet.com/~boys3/
TimC63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.