New hpop - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New hpop

I'm wanting to replace my hpop, I'm wanting something a little better than stock. Which one should I get and why?
limited slip 9900lb package
X springs ranchhand bumpers
B&W Gooseneck & Companion hitch
Firestone airbags & compressor
Rancho shocks 187K and all stock

1999 Case IH C50
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE 15.5k loaded
2010 F150 regular cab
2011 Polaris Ranger
2010 Challenger R/T classic
2014 Ford Escape
1985 Ford Ranger
2002 Kubota BX 2200
millwrightdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
Stealth Pumps

http://www.dieselsite.com/hpophighpressureoil.aspx
2002 F-350 CC Shortbed, 7.3 Powerstroke,165K, Adrenalin HPOP, DIY BHAF, EBV brake mod, fuel shim. Built tranny w/ triple disk Torque convertor and shift Kit, 4" Lift, 35" BFG KM2, TS Performance 6 Position, Banks Big Head Wastegate, 4" Duals, Superlift Air Bags, B&W Hide a ball W/ 5th Wheel Companion, Marinco mod

LOCAL 3 OPERATORS UNION
Wrencher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwrightdude View Post
I'm wanting to replace my hpop, I'm wanting something a little better than stock. Which one should I get and why?

Talk with Bob Riley

http://www.dieselsite.com/hpophighpressureoil.aspx
2001 Ford F-250 PS, CC, 2/w drive short bed, auto(BTS upgrade), Banks Stinger Plus and exhaust brake, TurboSaver, HX,Hutch mod/pooned, K&N FIPK, Mag-Hytec trans and diff pans, Cyclone fan, doodad, Bilstein shocks, Air-lifts front and rear, dp-Tuner F-5 chip, Fleetrite/203therm, fuel regulator shim, GOS headlight harness/silverstars, Bob's coolent filter, Rotella Syn w/single by-pass.
HoneyShucks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

I had plans to call him, I think I'm leaning towards one of his

1999 Case IH C50
2010 F150 regular cab
2011 Polaris Ranger
2014 Ford Escape
1985 Ford Ranger
2002 Kubota BX 2200
Old 11-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (4)
I went with the Terminator T-500. It was lower cost than the others and Joey has an awesome reputation in the "oil world". It made a heck of a difference and the truck pulls strong now. ICP holds 2800+ on long pulls with my trailer. IPR duty cycle is usually around 50% when pulling hills too. Watching my Aeroforce Scangauge, I can easily get 3,000 psi when rodding around.
2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4, HD4R100 , Riffraff FRx, Riffraff CAC Boots & PRI's, Bellowed Up-Pipes, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Powerslot rotors, ATS Ported Compressor Housing, DP Tuner-F6, Autoenginuity, EEC-V Breakout Box, KCM S.S. HPX Line, S&B Filters intake, Quad Autometer gauge pod, Inovations canopy, Banks Big Head wastegate actuator, 6.0L Trans Cooler, Spin-on Transmission filter with custom bracket, Zoo-dad, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Cobra 29LTD/NW CB, DVD and always looking to do more....

Powerstroke Acronyms

TSB Information
woodnthings8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Another vote for the T500. Joey is top notch.
HiPsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

How well will it work on a stock truck?

1999 Case IH C50
2010 F150 regular cab
2011 Polaris Ranger
2014 Ford Escape
1985 Ford Ranger
2002 Kubota BX 2200
Old 11-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

The T-500 will work great with a stock truck. Many of the older trucks with a 15 degree HPOP really notice the difference. The 17 degree HPOP's don't show as much as a change as the 15 degree units, but do very well with the added oil pressure and volume. The stock HPOP's will fall off when the demand gets placed on them, the upgraded HPOP's continue to provide the needed oil.

I run stock injectors and it is a world of difference. I had a pretty good pump on mine when I changed it. The T-500 really woke it up and also increased the fuel mileage a bit. Having more volume and pressure in the oil system is valuable to any truck.

Have you checked your ICP and IPR duty cycle while driving? From what I have seen, most good pumps will hold 2800 psi under acceleration. Average trucks hold about 2500 psi, and weak trucks may only hold 1800 psi. Changing nothing more than the HPOP you will be able to hold 2900-3000 psi. Your duty cycle will also be less!
2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4, HD4R100 , Riffraff FRx, Riffraff CAC Boots & PRI's, Bellowed Up-Pipes, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Powerslot rotors, ATS Ported Compressor Housing, DP Tuner-F6, Autoenginuity, EEC-V Breakout Box, KCM S.S. HPX Line, S&B Filters intake, Quad Autometer gauge pod, Inovations canopy, Banks Big Head wastegate actuator, 6.0L Trans Cooler, Spin-on Transmission filter with custom bracket, Zoo-dad, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Cobra 29LTD/NW CB, DVD and always looking to do more....

Powerstroke Acronyms

TSB Information
Old 11-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Only pump that has a lifetime warrenty is the SRP1.1..rest 90 days..

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Custom kit H2e and H2e modded turbos, Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD and 99 up suspension swaps kits for OBS and SD trucks, BTS Trans, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Tymar products, Hella lighting, True Projection Hid's, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.ctperformanceinc.com introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

I also should replace my HPOP. Truck has 225K and it is leaking. I have kept my engine stock except for the upgrades list in sig block. So tell me exactly what I need to buy for the replacement. Sure I need the pump but do I (should I) get a new IPR? Gaskets? O-Rings? What should I have before I start pulling stuff apart? Also, with my early 99 I guess I have a 15 degree. I only see 17 degree replacements. That is what I should get right? How do I check the ICP IPR duty cycle?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Late '99, F-250 7.3L, PSD, Super Duty, AT, 4X4, Crew Cab, 235 Mich tires, MBRP 4" Exhaust, 4-setting DP-Tuner (set for +80hp Econ mode), K&N Filter and Intake Tube, 203 thermostat, coolant filter, A-Pillar Isspro gauge set (pyro pre-turbo, trans temp, boost), Turbo Master Wastegate Controller, 6.0L tranny cooler, BTS valve body, rebuilt trans at 196K mi, bilstein shocks, Chevron Delo 400 10-40w, Zoodad mod, late model cup holder.

No time left for Drinking.
jdkluge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluge View Post
I also should replace my HPOP. Truck has 225K and it is leaking. I have kept my engine stock except for the upgrades list in sig block. So tell me exactly what I need to buy for the replacement. Sure I need the pump but do I (should I) get a new IPR? Gaskets? O-Rings? What should I have before I start pulling stuff apart? Also, with my early 99 I guess I have a 15 degree. I only see 17 degree replacements. That is what I should get right? How do I check the ICP IPR duty cycle?

Thanks in advance for the help.
If you are replacing an HPOP, all you need is the HPOP, If you order a T-500 you get the gasket. You really don't need to replace the IPR if yours is good. It may be a good idea though. I would look at getting new HPOP hoses at the same time. Not required, but I have seen more and more posts where they are failing. Being that all trucks are pretty much 10 years old now, it is also cheap insurance to keep from getting stuck on the side of the road.

Here is the T-500, HPOP Hoses, and IPR for you. Here is an How To on swapping it.

Powerstroke Acronyms

TSB Information
Old 11-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

woodnthings8 nailed it. All you really "need" is the HPOP gasket...but when I did mine I went ahead and changed out both HPOP lines as well since I had over 300k miles on the originals.
HiPsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.