The Diesel Stop banner

North Alabama Tranny Shop

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Bamaman1 
#1 ·
I am beginning to think that a new tranny might be in my future. The current rebuild has about 130K on it. I feel it should have lasted longer than that. Does anyone know a good shop near by that does a lot of work on our 4R100's? If so please let me know. Thanks in advance.:ford:

#2 ·
Get hold of Brian at BTS and get on the list for one of his. He's in Arkansas (not far from you). He typically has a waiting list, but since you're still mobile, that shouldn't be a problem for you (yet).

#4 ·
Found out about McClary Ford in Athens. They are supposed to have one of the best diesel technician and tranny man in N Ala. Have talked to some folks that used them and were very satisfied. Probably will give them a try based on reputation.

#5 ·
If your going to a Ford dealership, Ford offers a 4R100HD rebuilt transmission. You can get some info/prices on it here in the "supporting vendors" section under Tousley Ford,

#6 ·
If you're going to a dealership for service, get prepared to be taught a financial lesson. Just order the HD model replacement through Tousley. (They've got a new name, however.)

Walton's Automotive in Killen could replace the tranny for you, and they're a top notch general automotive shop.

There's a father and son independent shop with low overhead in St. Floridan. They can also rebuild them. Unfortunately I don't remember their names, but PM me and I can find their name.

But if you have a deep pocketbook and are going to still put many more miles on your truck, BTS is top of the line. You don't say where you live, but BTS is about 430 miles from Decatur.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.