The Diesel Stop banner

OIL COOLER

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  RopinandRidin 
#1 ·
Dreaded cooler leak sprung up last night. Is Bob the best place to get parts i need to fix this? Fired her up to get ready for oil change and after 10 minutes of idle got a plate sized puddle of oil. Looks like its coming from front cap of cooler. Gonna drain everything tonight if I can get the parts coming soon. Anything else I should do while I'm in there?

#2 ·
I ordered a set from him last week and had it less than 48 hours later. I'm not sure what else you can so other than an oil or coolant change, if you're needing it.

#3 ·
Ordered orings, just waiting for them to get here now. Gonna degrease area tonight hopefully. Oil change is due anyways so I might as well do coolant change at same time. just making sure I didnt need to do anything else while I'm down there.

#4 ·
I ordered them from him once and another time from amazon (dorman) I think the dorman were cheaper--some say there is a difference in quality. Good luck on the fix.

#7 ·
I believe the oil cooler tube is one piece, and what you're seeing is just pitting on the metal, probably caused by the water part of the coolant. You can probably remove most of this with a wire wheel, either a bench type or hand held one on a drill or rotary tool.

#8 ·
Ok I'll try more wire wheelin. It looks like a machined pipe, just want to be sure it wont be a problem when I reassemble it

#10 ·
I just rebuilt mine and had the same marks. I think it was just the edge of where the old o-ring was. I just used emery cloth to wear them away and everything was good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.