The Diesel Stop banner

oils recommended

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bnvcrows 
#1 ·
i am changing my oil soon, i change it every 3500 mile do to short trips and normally i run rotella 15w-40 but i want to go with a synthetic(maybe rotella still)but what should i use i also want to change my trans oil what are you guys running? thanks ahead!

#2 ·
I run mobil 1 FULL SYNTHETIC 5w-40, and mobil 1 full synthetic trans fluid, But It costs me about $100 for the oil , and about $100 for the trans fluid, and thats at cost because I driver truck for mobil.

#3 ·
My 03 only takes synthetic SP, type should be on dip stick.:beerchug:

#4 ·
what brand do you run in your 03

#5 ·
I have a 2002 F350 with the 7.3 with 65600 on the odometer. I am running the Rotella 15w40 with the MC oil filter. No complaints, but plan on switching to Rotella 5w40 this coming fall for the colder months.

The most important thing is to use a good diesel rated oil and oil filter (Many Choices) Rotella, Delo, Delvac, Motorcraft to name a few. The MC oil filter at WM is hard to beat for the price.

#7 ·
I have run Amsoil from 8k to 70k changed twice I would not use any other oil no mater what.
Bill

#9 ·
Dodge Cummins 2002

I have a friend that started using Amsoil from 200k miles, changing his Oil at 20,000k the reduction is because he tows campers from Indiana all over the USA. He is almost at the million mile mark with no engine issues at all.

He has since changed over the whole truck to Amsoil.
:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.