O'rielly cam sensor? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
O'rielly cam sensor?

Is the cam sensor they sell at o'rielly's ok to use?its a borg warner.I have already ordered some other ones but I'm needing to use my truck and I'm wondering if I can just go to town and get one?
05 dodge 3500 cummins 6spd lots of mods. 99 f350 2wd single cab 2"leveling kit,bushwacker fenders flares,17"XD spy rims with kumho 315-70r17 tires,Custom dual side exit 5' exhaust,autometer boost,pyro and trans,Dp-tuner (stock,40 tow,80 tow)
Turbowhistler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (17)
Re: O'rielly cam sensor?

The $15 CPS from www.powerstrokeshop.com is what you need. I have heard mixed results with the non-Ford CPS.
2002 F350 Lariat CC 4x4 Auto 4.10 DRW, DP-Tuner F5 live tuned stock, quiet, 40dd, 40, 60, 80 tow, 80e and 120r, B&W GN, BrakeSmart, 'pooned tank, tank and pre-pump mods, 2 Dahl 100 filter, regulated return, BTS dual HPOP, AC singles with EDM 34 lpm nozzles, AIS, H2e, Spearco 6.0 IC, Hypermax 3.5" dp--> MBRP 4" 304SS exhaust, BTS tranny, 203 T-stat, Chevron ELC, coolant filter, Oilguard bypass with Schaeffer 9000, WranglerNW 200 amp alternator & Optima group 31 batteries, Nippon-Denso starter, SPA gauges, SteveRacer mods, Hella 80/100W 9007s, Hella Micro DE foglights, 1000FF driving lights, 220W backup lights, Stancor contactor, Michelin XPS Traction tires, X-Springs, Bilstein shox, custom bumpers but otherwise stock. Nov 30 '99 build engine with 16 K miles, Fluidampr, Comp Cam 910 springs, Melling LPOP and ARP headstuds.
haul_n_horses2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

i already have 2 ford sensors on the way but im wondering if i can just use the other now cause i need to drive my truck.
05 dodge 3500 cummins 6spd lots of mods. 99 f350 2wd single cab 2"leveling kit,bushwacker fenders flares,17"XD spy rims with kumho 315-70r17 tires,Custom dual side exit 5' exhaust,autometer boost,pyro and trans,Dp-tuner (stock,40 tow,80 tow)
Turbowhistler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2007, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have the Borg Warner from Oreilly, but I am having issues. It may or may not be the sensor. Also checking the harness when the great flood goes away.

Unrestricted Naval Aviator #26873
GMI Class of 2001 ME-Auto
Thumper723 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you are without your truck and you need it, I wouldn't hesitate to use the one from O'Reilly's. If it were me though I'd probably go ahead and order the OEM ford part for $15 and swap it out when it comes in. Then, put the O'Reilly's part in your glove box as a spare.

The new OEM part is re-designed and is expected to be more durable. Seeing as though it just came out, I would tend to believe that the O'Reilly part is probably based on the old design. Therefore, you might view it as a knock-off of a part where even the OEM version wasn't particularly good.

Also, is the O'Reilly's part cheaper than getting one from your local Ford dealer or International? You could just go that route. The Ford dealer might even have the new CPS in stock. If so, I bet the price is cheaper than the older-style one at O'Reilly's. Ford lowered their price dramatically on the new part.
aeveritt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2007, 01:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Dealer price is around 27 bucks. Make sure the part number ends in -B.

You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
arisley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2007, 06:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

Holy crap!!! When did these get so cheap??? I remember E-bay for 75, 80, even $90 and it being a good deal....
Did I miss something???
Moose
Ranch Hand Front and Rear/ N-Fab Triple Step Nerfs/ Rhino Liner,Hella Rallye 4000s on top Hella 550 fogs on bottom, Baldwin Coolant Filter/Auto-Meter Guages/ 203 deg T-Stat /Diesel Innovations tank/pre-pump mods/ Harpooned Tank/Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan w/ Mobil-1 Synthetic,Trans-go Shift Kit,AIH delete/Ford AIS Intake/ MBRP T304SS 4" Duals with 5" dual walled tips, Tuff Country 2.5 lift and BFG AT KO 315/70/17'sw/ Extreme Alloys/Rancho RSX9000 Shocks...127K mi More mods to come....
DYNO'd 10/30/04 HP-301.6 TQ-555.5

'01 Excursion 7.3 4X4- Sage Green
Edge EVO on DP Tuner 80 Econo / Coolant Filter/Ford AIS Intake
1-ton Springs rear and U Codes in front w/TuffCntry 2.5" spring pack / Rancho RS9000XL shocksFabtech adjustable Trac Bar /Ranch Hand Guard / BFG AT KO 285/75/16's / 195K and running strong.
TXMoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2007, 08:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)

Where have you been Moose?
Ford came out with the new CPS a couple months back, the new part is the same number as the old one but it ends in B not A and they cost around $30 at the stealership. However our good friend Bob at powerstrokeshop.com is selling them for $15.27 IIRC. So welcome back, now order you a new and improved CPS.
SCT XCalibrator2 with DP's 60 tow,80 econo,120 Race
Fumoto Valve, Marinco Mod, Homemade CCV MOD,Fuel Neck Mod, KMC Wheels at all 4's
Monroe Reflex Shoxs, SS/Kevlar Brake Lines,
FTVB from Greg Evans,Ford AIS Intake
Coolant filter,Walker BTM, Attwood Gooseneck ball flush mount,6.0 cooler, 2002 headlights & corners
Zoodad Mod,Cyro'd Powerslots and Hawks LTS Pads. 2005 front grill
Turbo Lifesaver, Infinity Refrence x4, powered by Infinity Reference amp, sounds awesome!!
Towing a 2005 HORNET 30BHSS 8500 LBS,
Stopping it with a Prodigy P3 Controller

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Trucks With Generic Tunes!!

White Stroker
NCHornet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2007, 08:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

They are so cheap, it's tough to not just stock up on 'em just in case they go back up.

You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
arisley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.