P0107 code - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2007, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P0107 code

This morning I ran my sc 1705 and read a P0107 code and it reads: Manf Abs Pres/Baro Pres Circ Low Input. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] What does this mean and is it serious?
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
Re: P0107 code

Is it serous who knows. Its a BARO code and to fix it you will more than likely need to replace the PCM. I would put the stock program in it and see if the code returns.
Fords description
The barometric pressure (BARO) sensor is a variable capacitance sensor used to determine altitude. Prior to 99-1/2 M.Y., the BARO was remote mounted under the instrument cluster. It is now internal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The BARO sensor cannot be serviced separately. PCM replacement is required if a failure is identified.

Timing Control The BARO signal affects injection timing and fuel quantity to optimize engine operation and control smoke throughout all altitude conditions.

Glow Plug Control The BARO signal is one of the variables used to calculate glow plug ON time. At higher altitudes glow plug on time is increased to reduce start-up smoke.

Detection/Management
A BARO signal that is detected out of range high or low by the PCM will cause the PCM to ignore the BARO signal and use the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) signal generated at low idle as an indication of barometric pressure.

FMT
2000 Excursion Limited 4x4 Dark Satin Green Arizona Beige 7.3 DIT, AXDO, 3.73 LS, DP Tuner F5, TERMINATOR II w R-IPR, Adjustable Boost Regulator, Turbomaster, EBPV Delete, Air Dog, ITP Regulated Fuel Return, Fuel Cooler, Tags 1&2, Harpooned Tank, Magnaflow XL Exhaust w Aeroturbine 4040L, Sonnax/Tricumulator, 8 Autometer Sport Comp 4 Gauge A Pillar 4 Gauge Overhead, Ford APCM, Crimestopper Remote Starter With Remote Fast Idle, Ford AIS w Zoodad, W Code Front Modified B Code Rear springs, Rancho RS9000X, Rancho 5406 Stabilizer, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, BFG Rugged Trail TA, V10 Trans Cooler w Dual Electric Pusher Fans, Coolant Filter, IAH Delete, (((XM))) Line Of Fire Light, Ford Cab Lights, 05 Headlights w GOS Conversion Harness, Jimmi Jammers, 03 Lighted Painted Tow Mirrors w C-BETR, PSD Badges, Pullrite Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller, Born 01/29/00
fordmastertech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

sorry but could you translate in english. lol I'm new here to the diesel thing and some times I get lost when you guys get to talking.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)

PCM = Powertrain Control Module.
FMT
2000 Excursion Limited 4x4 Dark Satin Green Arizona Beige 7.3 DIT, AXDO, 3.73 LS, DP Tuner F5, TERMINATOR II w R-IPR, Adjustable Boost Regulator, Turbomaster, EBPV Delete, Air Dog, ITP Regulated Fuel Return, Fuel Cooler, Tags 1&2, Harpooned Tank, Magnaflow XL Exhaust w Aeroturbine 4040L, Sonnax/Tricumulator, 8 Autometer Sport Comp 4 Gauge A Pillar 4 Gauge Overhead, Ford APCM, Crimestopper Remote Starter With Remote Fast Idle, Ford AIS w Zoodad, W Code Front Modified B Code Rear springs, Rancho RS9000X, Rancho 5406 Stabilizer, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, BFG Rugged Trail TA, V10 Trans Cooler w Dual Electric Pusher Fans, Coolant Filter, IAH Delete, (((XM))) Line Of Fire Light, Ford Cab Lights, 05 Headlights w GOS Conversion Harness, Jimmi Jammers, 03 Lighted Painted Tow Mirrors w C-BETR, PSD Badges, Pullrite Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller, Born 01/29/00
fordmastertech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

[ QUOTE ]
This morning I ran my sc 1705 and read a P0107 code and it reads: Manf Abs Pres/Baro Pres Circ Low Input. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] What does this mean and is it serious?

[/ QUOTE ]If it is running OK & not smoking too much You should be OK. Do you have any sympoms?
Special thanks to RacerX USA

action4478 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

well i have had my programer on setting three for about 4 days and I have noticed a rough idle when cold. It also smokes good in setting three , but I thought that was normal? In setting two it does'nt have a rough cold idle. Could this be related. You think I just aught to leave it out of setting three?
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.