P0107 code help and dealership story - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2005, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
avi

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P0107 code help and dealership story

Short questions first:
What exactly causes the P0107 (Barometric pressure sensor circuit low input)code to be set? I assume a barometric sensor? If so, can somebody point me where to find that sensor?

Long story:
I had my truck in the dealership today to have the water pump replaced. They called me and asked if I wanted them to check out the "Service Engine Soon" light. This stunned me because I've owned this truck for a year now with no problems and no codes all the way up until last night when I dropped it off for the water pump for replacement today. I told them to not do anything about it since I was very suspicious that it would suddenly throw a code while at the dealer. When I picked up the truck I asked about the light and he said the tech said it went off about half way through the test drive and didnt come back on.

I drove it home with no light and then pulled the P0107 code which is a low input on the barametric sensor input. I cleared the code and will watch it closely to see if it sets it again.

Here's my conspiracy theory: I bought the water pump at Powerstrokeshop.com and had my local dealer do the work for $130 (pretty reasonable). Since its a low voltage code I wonder if it was unplugged to set the code and a way for them to get at least $40 more for diagnostics and a way for them to make a few extra bucks for the lost parts revenue. Possibility? Sure, but I hope they wouldnt stoop that low.

In any case, I need to know where to locate this sensor just in case it really is going out on me or possibly has a loose plug.

Thanks guys!
'99.5 F250 Lariat 4x4 7.3L PSD, Crew Cab, Short Box, Auto, 3.73LS, Mastercraft Courser C/T LT285-75-R16, Magnaflow 4" exhaust with 3.5" DP, 6637 open filter intake, AutoMeter Sport Comp pillar mount gauges, DP Tuner F5 with 40t, 60t, 80econ, 120race, Hella 550 driving lights, Tru-Cool Max tranny cooler, 205k miles, HD4R100 tranny, Zoodad. Airbags on back, leveling kit on front.
avi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (178)
Re: P0107 code help and dealership story

You won't find a barometric sensor on your truck. My source (99 Service CD) says that the BARO sensor was built into the PCM on 99.5 & newer trucks. On the early 99's I think it was supposed to be mounted under the left side of the instrument panel near the steering column.

If the code comes back, it may indicate that your PCM has gone south. Might have just been a random code brought on because the truck was nervous about being at the dealer's service department. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/depressed.gif[/img]
99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version), AIS, coolant filter w/"hokum" bracket, regulated return, heated mirror mod, lighted cupholder, Marinco heater plug-in.

Hard or no-start? Check Here
klhansen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2005, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)

[ QUOTE ]
Might have just been a random code brought on because the truck was nervous about being at the dealer's service department.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats funny [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]
2000 Excursion Limited 4x4 Dark Satin Green Arizona Beige 7.3 DIT, AXDO, 3.73 LS, DP Tuner F5, TERMINATOR II w R-IPR, Adjustable Boost Regulator, Turbomaster, EBPV Delete, Air Dog, ITP Regulated Fuel Return, Fuel Cooler, Tags 1&2, Harpooned Tank, Magnaflow XL Exhaust w Aeroturbine 4040L, Sonnax/Tricumulator, 8 Autometer Sport Comp 4 Gauge A Pillar 4 Gauge Overhead, Ford APCM, Crimestopper Remote Starter With Remote Fast Idle, Ford AIS w Zoodad, W Code Front Modified B Code Rear springs, Rancho RS9000X, Rancho 5406 Stabilizer, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, BFG Rugged Trail TA, V10 Trans Cooler w Dual Electric Pusher Fans, Coolant Filter, IAH Delete, (((XM))) Line Of Fire Light, Ford Cab Lights, 05 Headlights w GOS Conversion Harness, Jimmi Jammers, 03 Lighted Painted Tow Mirrors w C-BETR, PSD Badges, Pullrite Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller, Born 01/29/00
fordmastertech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2005, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
avi

I just did some reading on the "secrets" and learned a thing or two about the sensor. So, since it is built into the PCM on my model year is there any way that this could have been set somehow by the dealer? (I dont care if its intentionally or accidental at this point).

I'm going on a 2 week trip in about a month pulling our trailer and just want to know that everything is in good working order before we leave. I realize that this sensor isnt extremely important and the PCM can use the MAP readings but that doesnt make me feel very confident.
'99.5 F250 Lariat 4x4 7.3L PSD, Crew Cab, Short Box, Auto, 3.73LS, Mastercraft Courser C/T LT285-75-R16, Magnaflow 4" exhaust with 3.5" DP, 6637 open filter intake, AutoMeter Sport Comp pillar mount gauges, DP Tuner F5 with 40t, 60t, 80econ, 120race, Hella 550 driving lights, Tru-Cool Max tranny cooler, 205k miles, HD4R100 tranny, Zoodad. Airbags on back, leveling kit on front.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had the P0107 code come up. The bad baro sensor would cause an intermittent low boost problem, which meant I had very little power. I had to replace the PCM (since the baro sensor is built into it).

As for the dealer - I don't see how they could have mede this problem to occur.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
avi

4 Days later with about 5 different driving sessions ranging anywhere from in town, to a dirt road up a mountain, to 75mph freeway and the Barometric pressure error has not occurred again. It still seems really odd to me that it would only happen the morning I left it at the dealer....
Maybe it was just nervous about the time it had to spend at the dealer [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.