The Diesel Stop banner

Power stroke loses power

770 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Googs 
#1 · (Edited)
2002 Ford F350 7.3, for the 2nd time I have replaced a delaminated fuel tank (after axle 40 gallon) only this time i did it myself and installed a new plastic one. My truck has 270K, I have replaced the fuel pump, the fuel filter housing and filter, the CPS and harness, #4 injector, under valve cover harness, the glow plug module, replaced the California PCM with a Federal PCM, had the IDM checked, ICP replaced, still having issues. Truck starts and runs fine, shortly after acceleration and slow down it starts running rough, as if starving for fuel, it will not correct itself until I shut it off. when restarted its fine but repeats itself. fuel filter is not dirty, I am in need of help. Thank you

#2 ·
Welcome to the TDS Hamrhed :smile2:

Any stored codes?
Fuel pressure?
Check tin nut on the ipr , sometimes they fall off and land in the valley , this has been known to cause the problem your describing.

AE is a good scan tool to have and help diagnose. only $359 at RR
What brand of IPC did you fit?
Have you tried running the truck with the ICP disconnected, this will throw a code but the truck will run ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.