Hey guys, I've been looking around for a few days trying to find an answer to my problem but still need help.
Alright, last weekend I was out at the Gordons Well sand drags and my Power Steering pump started to whine and it was spitting fluid out the fill cap. After it cooled down, I had no assisted steering or brakes.
Fine, got up the next day, purchased a new PS pump from Autozone along with the puller/installation tool. A few hours later and the new pump installed. When installing the new pump, I removed the hose fitting from the new pump and installed the old hose/fitting assembly so I wouldn't ruin the teflon o-ring.
Went out for a test drive and the assisted steering is working fine, but the brakes kickback and grab.
A few days later, I find the TSB for this issue
Well I flushed the system by routing the hydroboost return line into a catch can and poured 3 quarts of Mercon V thru the system. No change in the brakes, they still kickback and grab.
Now after reading this TSB again, I did not rev the engine to 2200 RPM when I was doing the lock to lock or brake pedal pumping. Hmm, maybe that could help?!?
So, I guess some questions are.
- Do I need the external filter to clean the system or is the flush method I used good enough?
- Should I flush the system again this time increasing the RPMs to 2200?
- Or, does it just look like my Hydroboost is out and I have to replace it?
- If the Hydroboost is out, can I purchase just the Hydroboost portion of the module and bolt on my existing Brake Master Cylinder to it?
- Best place to buy these parts?
Thanks for any help on this issue.
2003 XLT CC SB 4x4 Auto
- Purchased 8/3/08
DPTuner F5, AIH, BigAir, Gauges (Pyro, Trans, Boost), ScangaugeII, Zoodad, Harpooned, Hutched, Pre-Pump Filter, Boost Fooler, Turbo Master.
Tranny out at 95K - JW Towmaster installed, Ported Compressor Housing from DieselSite - waiting to be installed
Pulling 11k Attitude Eclipse full of sand toys. 2x2008 Kawasaki KFX450'
s, 2x2007 Kawasaki KFX90's.