The Diesel Stop banner

Problem after injector install

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Absolute 
#1 ·
I recently replaced my injector cups and installed Full Force remans. Truck runs great except for a bit of a rough idle and at idle the exhaust has a very strong smell, I have AE ICP pressure and Duty cycle seem normal. I ran the KOER test and it came back with P0470 and Cyl 8 failed CCT. I did clean the exhaust back pressure tube and sensor when doing the injectors so I probably damaged the sensor. Would a bad EBP sensor cause the rough idle and strong exhaust smell?

#2 ·
Have you driven it hard for 50-100 miles? It might idle rough because air is still trapped in the hpo system

#4 ·
You can unplug the EBP sensor with little effect. You might get bad mileage and very slight power loss. But mainly effects mileage. Cleaning the sensor is ok as well, as long as you are carefull not to poke the diaphragm. I would call fullforce. I did and the info they gave was great, and eased all my fears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.