Lifetime Supporting Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Huntsville, AL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ran rough, now won't start
Truck is late 99 7.3 auto with 155000 miles. Completely stock.
Truck was running great before I went on a business trip. It sat for 2 weeks in cold and wet conditions. When I returned, it started but the rpms oscillated like they do when you've run it out of fuel and have refilled, and I had a new SES light. It got me home, but was missing the whole ride home. Next day it started and continued to run rough. I let it warm up before driving. Before I left the subdivision, it lost almost all power, so I turned it around and took it home. Now I can't get it started. It coughs like it wants to start, but won't.
Did lots of searches here, and have done the following:
1. Drained fuel filter reservoir several times. Each time I turned the key, I get a good push of fuel. Fuel looked clean and water free.
2. Replaced fuel filter - seems to have good fuel pressure at this point.
3. Checked HPOP reservoir - oil 1/2 below top.
4. Removed IPC sensor, cleaned and reinstalled.
5. Tried starting with IPC unplugged. Engine seems to show some improvement here, but still won't start.
6. Removed IPR and serviced according to the "New Page 0" guidance. Didn't find anything sticky, but thoroughly cleaned everything and replaced the smaller o-ring. Neither o-ring looked damaged.
I have not pulled any codes, but my searches have led me to believe those are vague anyway. I don't have a scanner.
I guess I'm looking for the next step.
Thanks in advance.