The Diesel Stop banner

Starter rpm

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  racecar 
#1 ·
Truck has been turning over slowly had battery's checked cleaned terminals. Got scanner out and rpm start at 90 and get to 105 and she starts. What should they start at with a good starter.

#2 ·
Did you have the batteries load tested?

#3 ·
Needs 100 rpm to start.

#5 ·
Start by what Chuckster said. Get the batteries load tested and go from there. I would make sure your system is good before spending on a nes starter

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
Battery's were load and I was told fully charged.

#8 ·
Well, I replaced my starter and fuel pump after 16 years and 260K/m just because
I thought it was about time, and wanted to 'pre-empt' anything going wrong...Starter was $250,
fuel pump was $85...took my mechanic about 1 1/2 hours to do both....
That was 1 1/2 yrs ago....everything going fine now...
Up graded my batteries to AGM's, after Sams's club replaced them under warranty [no charge] every 2-3 years for 14 years...
I also did the CNCFab HPOP pressure line change over...lines were $150....that took my mechanic 1 hour to do...
Basically my truck runs GREAT....Love it !!!

#9 ·
I am looking online for starters and found a M8T50072 High Torque Mitsubishi for $229.95 and a D B Electrical Item 17802 for $122.20. I ran a DB in my 1992 for a few years and then sold the truck. Need some input.
Thanks

#11 ·
Going to order starter but need your feed back on witch one
Mitsubishi are Nippon Denso.
Thanks

#12 ·
My vote is for NipponDenso from Summit Racing...Apprx. $250..

Because it's so BIG, you'll need to do a slight 'adjust' to the cables,
by bending a couple to fit ...also has setup for 3 bolts for mounting ...
Top bolt takes a little fooling around to anchor it...
BUT...all, in all NO BIG DEAL !!!

#13 · (Edited)
Can you get me the part number. there are several on there site all prices one looks like a DB.
Found this on Summit Denso WGL-16658N I think this is the one were are talking about.

Thanks

#15 ·
Ordered starter also comes with hardware and free shipping.
THANKS GUYS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.