The Diesel Stop banner

Throttle response issue.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ReefBlue 
#1 ·
Pressure washed my engine yesterday and washed the truck as well.

After I pressure washed it, I started it up and it fired right up, no issues. I then washed the truck and left it alone until this morning.

I got a check engine light.

I thought it would go away after I put a few miles on it, but it stayed. Running AE, I got ICP out of range and IDM fault. I'm thinking I got water in/around the IDM in some way.

After I sat at Starbucks for about 30 minutes, went back out to the truck and it went away but came back during various times for the next 10-15 minutes but then went away completely.

Now, I have a slight throttle lag. I can press the accelerator down a little bit before the truck really responds, but once I get to a certain point on pressing the accelerator, the truck lights right up.

Idle also seems to be a bit low, it seems like it needs to sag a little when I come to a stop, then recover back to normal.

I'm taking it this is all unrelated, but can the accelerator have an issue like this, is it just going bad over time? No codes other than the normal ones . . .

See less See more
#3 ·
Any chance you aimed water at the IPR solenoid? Might have knocked the tin nut back a little.

#4 ·
To answer the questions--

No more check engine light and at 520+ pounds of oil pressure, I'm at about 8-9% duty cycle. When I had the SES light, it was at the default 723lbs.

Haven't checked the physical condition of the IPR, I guess that is for tomorrow if I still have the issue. I didn't spray direct at the IPR, but I guess it is worth checking. I just had it replaced not too long ago when it stuck open.

I'm pretty sure I got water into the ICP, which was defaulting this morning, that might have been the whole issue.

Thing ran like a top even with the SES light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.