Trouble Code P0603? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 1999-Up Super Duty trucks and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trouble Code P0603?

What do heck does Trouble Code P0603 (Internal Circuit Mod. KAM error) mean?

Thanks,

Griz
02 F250, 4X4, 4R100, 3.73, B&M Transmission Pan, Edge CTS Digital Gage, Tymar 4" Exhaust, Tymar Intake & HPX & TS 6 Position Chip. IH Bellowed Up-Pipes, RiffRaff AIH delete plug, Riffraff FRx Kit. 6.0 Transmission Cooler. Dieselsite Coolant filter & Transmission filter & 203 Thermostat & WW2 & TurboMaster & inter-cooler boots. BD CCV filter. Driven Diesel Fuel Tank Mod & Pre-Pump Filter. John Wood's valve body.
Griz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
RDG
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (16)
Did you play with your tuner? Just means that the battery was disconected or you changed tunes on your Super Chip 1705.
NRA Member
Retired UAW 383
RDG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG View Post
Did you play with your tuner? Just means that the battery was disconected or you changed tunes on your Super Chip 1705.
Yes...I did both. So that code is thrown whenever you disconnect your battery or use a tuner?

Griz
02 F250, 4X4, 4R100, 3.73, B&M Transmission Pan, Edge CTS Digital Gage, Tymar 4" Exhaust, Tymar Intake & HPX & TS 6 Position Chip. IH Bellowed Up-Pipes, RiffRaff AIH delete plug, Riffraff FRx Kit. 6.0 Transmission Cooler. Dieselsite Coolant filter & Transmission filter & 203 Thermostat & WW2 & TurboMaster & inter-cooler boots. BD CCV filter. Driven Diesel Fuel Tank Mod & Pre-Pump Filter. John Wood's valve body.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
RDG

My Photos: (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
Yes...I did both. So that code is thrown whenever you disconnect your battery or use a tuner?

Griz

Yep!
NRA Member
Retired UAW 383
RDG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post

Griz
When you change tunes you will here the truck do some clicking. This is a "reset" that needs to be done to the PCM. No different than restarting a computer after new software is loaded.

P0603 is just telling you the KAM (keep alive memory) was reset.

When you do that, just clear codes and you will not see it until the next tune change.
2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4, HD4R100 , Riffraff FRx, Riffraff CAC Boots & PRI's, Bellowed Up-Pipes, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Powerslot rotors, ATS Ported Compressor Housing, DP Tuner-F6, Autoenginuity, EEC-V Breakout Box, KCM S.S. HPX Line, S&B Filters intake, Quad Autometer gauge pod, Inovations canopy, Banks Big Head wastegate actuator, 6.0L Trans Cooler, Spin-on Transmission filter with custom bracket, Zoo-dad, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Cobra 29LTD/NW CB, DVD and always looking to do more....

Powerstroke Acronyms

TSB Information
woodnthings8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings8 View Post
When you change tunes you will here the truck do some clicking. This is a "reset" that needs to be done to the PCM. No different than restarting a computer after new software is loaded.

P0603 is just telling you the KAM (keep alive memory) was reset.

When you do that, just clear codes and you will not see it until the next tune change.
Got it...I can sleep better now!

Griz
Old 02-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wow, thanks! I have the P1316 code, pulled the driver side valve cover off to check harness. Reassembled and still have P1316, but then the P0603 showed up as well. Tomorrow is the passenger side. Have sure hoping I find the issue there.
FLF250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2014, 07:12 AM   #8 (permalink)

I had the same problem with my UVC Harness. Ford has the upgrade to put a small plastic piece under the plastic spring clip to give it more elasticity, it costs roughly $15. Both my harnesses were lose and I still have the rough idle plus the thrown code, even after erasing it. So make sure you check your connections are tight at the battery.
Tycose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.