The Diesel Stop banner

Turbo leaks!!

971 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jeffrobodine 
#1 ·
My turbocharger on my 2000 F250 7.3L Powerstroke leaks and I have no idea from where. On the lines that lead out of it you can see oil on them.

#2 ·
Witch line? The only line connected to the turbo is a red line for the wastegate. Or your are talking about the piping?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
I think he means the intercooler pipes.

The CCV vents into the intake and makes a mess of the silicone intercooler boots.

#5 ·
It's not a problem, it's maintenance that was neglected.

The CCV vents into the Intake pre turbo. That oil builds up in the pipes and intercooler. Eventually all the boots become oil soaked and leak oil.

Take them off and soak them in hot soapy water. After a little bit pull them out and scrub them clean.

Clean the clamps and intercooler pipe ends as well.

#6 ·
If your pedestal has been gutted for EBPV delete I would get a non ebpv pedestal or a proper done mod. by welding up supply and drain ports inside bore for control cyl.. also if you are bypassing oil from ebpv control cyl. enough to be coming from the hole that the rod comes through, suspect a major leak as there is a drain right under that hole that should overcome any minor leak. worth a look in my opinion....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.