The Diesel Stop banner

Unexpected quitting

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Halla456 
#1 ·
My Dad has a '99 F250 7.3 pickup. The truck will start fine and drive for awhile without a problem. Then all of a sudden, the truck quits. The truck won't start until some time later. Sometimes when the key is on, I can hear the GPR clicking on-off-on to a point it sound like chatter. The GPR and the IPR have recently been replaced.

What would cause the GPS to chatter like that? When it starts normally, everything sounds okay.

#2 ·
Some of these truck have a problem with the windshield gasket leaking and water getting to the fuse box area under the dash. Check for water trails on the fire wall above the fuse box.
There are likely several other possibilities and someone will be along shortly to add those in but on the limited coffee in me at this time that's where I'd start.

#3 · (Edited)
Does the truck leak any oil? Its my understanding that if the truck gets to low on oil the injectors quit. Also check the IPR and ICP. If its low on fuel it could be the in tank pickup too. Could be anything honestly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.