6.0 Trans Cooler - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Trans Cooler

I've seen alot of posts talking about the 6.0 trans cooler and how they like it. Is it a direct bolt on or does it need to be tweeked to replace the OEM unit? What is the price of one?
Firemansluggo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

The cooler itself is a direct bolt on but the lines will need some tweeking. The price depends. A new one from the dealer is about $300. Sometimes you can find new ones on ebay for less.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
mine is in the box still and i am waiting till it gets warmer here is salt lake city

with my old flash programmer my tranny saw 190 to 200 degrees (super-chips)

with DP i have not seen temps over 150 and that's beating it

but my 6,0 trans cooler i paid 180 on ebay shipped and its HUGE !! I mean really big like i don't know if it will fit

444-4d when you say tweaking like bending or buying more parts tweaking
2001 F-350 larait c.c. s.b. 4x4 auto, keenwoodkvt915 in dash dvd 7inch screen ,1 alpine Rtype 12 woofer 1500 watts,pheniox gold mono block class d amp, scorpion BOX, level kit,mr taillight foglight highbeam kit, stock ford 18's on contie's, rancho 9000ES shocks ,6.0 transcooler, derale trans pan ,ccvdiy mod ,zoo dad , powerstrokehelp.com FUEL mods , hood insulation delete ,foil delete , high presure oil x pipe, DP tuner F-6 = 900rpmEBV, drive-thru tune ,EBV Engine brake tune,40tow ,60 econo, 80econo , supersmoke (use with OD) , 100hp, 120race 140agrresive, 3 pilier pod , pyrometer, 2trans temps inside tranny/outside ,boost,diy cold air6637 & 45 degree 4 inch alum.8"x8" , JEG'S 4" downpipe to 5" exhaust flopro 6"tip , dfuserA.I.H.plug, Extreme diesel Xwheel , (commin soon banks technicooler )
dtsthx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

The trans cooler from a 6.0 will fit in the place of your stock cooler, the lines from the 6.0 cooler are 1/2 inch and the stock lines are 3/8 inch. That is the tweaking that will need to be done, I got all of the fittings from a local hydraulic supply store to make the connections and about 6 ft of oil rated hose. Wear long sleeve shirt as getting in behind the a/c condenser will cut and scratch you up. just take your time, enjoy a few cold ones during the process. If you tow heavy it will be one of the best things you do for the life of your trans. Here in Vegas it gets pretty hot during the summer and with mine towing the trailer in my sig. I have not seen temps over 200 pulling some steep grades.
2001 Ford F-350 drw 4x2 auto,4.10 gears,Turbonetics ball bearing turbo, Turbo Master Wastegate controller, Dieselsite Boots, ceramic coated up-pipes and exaust manifolds, DIY Tymar, 4 inch exaust turbo to tip, Isspro guages EGT,Boost, Trans temp from DieselManor, 6.0 trans cooler, AIH delete with boost attachment, ITP Regulated Fuel Return kit,hutch and harpoon mod done, ITP in tank and prepump mod kit, Rotella ELC, 203 Stat. Oil Guard by-pass filter system
DP Tuner-no start, stock,40,60,80E,120
BTS Transmission,(BTS-BUBBA)
105,000 miles, built to tow
Toys: 03 Screaming Eagle Duece Harley
37ft Cyclone by Heartland 5th wheel toy hauler
ford4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsthx View Post
mine is in the box still and i am waiting till it gets warmer here is salt lake city

with my old flash programmer my tranny saw 190 to 200 degrees (super-chips)

with DP i have not seen temps over 150 and that's beating it

but my 6,0 trans cooler i paid 180 on ebay shipped and its HUGE !! I mean really big like i don't know if it will fit

444-4d when you say tweaking like bending or buying more parts tweaking

Sent you a PM, Very easy install
up2nogood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

I just picked one up from the dealer. I pay 10 over cost. The unit cost me 348.00

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2001 F350 CC LARIET LWB 3.73LS SRW 4X4,ARE CAP WITH FULL REAR DOOR, SOFTRIDE 4 INCH WITH RS9000'S ,MAG HYTEC REAR END COVER AND TRANS PAN,GULF COAST FILTER,AMSOIL THRU OUT,BANKS EXHAUST,TS CHIP,AFE STAGE 2,TRIPLE A PILLAR W/PHANTOM GAUGES,BTS TRANNIE AND BOBS REMOTE FILTER,6.0 TRANS COOLER,WELD VELOCITY 8'S W/ NITTO 325X18'S,KENWOOD 850 WATT SYSTEM W/CHANGER AND SIRIUS RECIEVER,POWER SLIDER,

2006 F350 CHASSIS SRW WITH WALK-IN SERVICE BODY, XLT,KENWOOD STEREO, QUADZILLIA, AFE, 5 INCH EXHAUST

2006 F350 CC Dually 4x2 SCT-2 W INOVATIVE CUSTOM TUNES, AFE, MBRP 5 inch stainless W/ SEWER PIPE TIP. RECON LED's TRIPLE A PILLAR W/ PHANTOM GAUGES
SUPER WONDER DAWG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Looks like you paid too much.
Your Premiere Source for Ford Truck Parts and Accessories $287.94, maybe $300 delivered.
2001 F250 4x4 crew lariat 7.3L auto, DP Tuner F5 no-start/valet/20tow/80econo/140aggressive, NAPC 450series trans w/billet triple disc TC, ISSPRO egt/boost/pyro, foil delete, 6" stainless tip, Magnaflow 17979 4" turbo-back, dieselsite boots & coolant filter kit, HX crossover, boost fooler, 6.0L trans cooler, ported turbo housing, DIY 6637 Tymar, billet grill, line-x bedliner, bug deflector, tint, 08' alum diff cover, clear corners & tails, silverstar bulbs, 2000w inverter, Tekonsha Primus, 220A HD alternator, etc.

2009 VW Jetta 2.0TDI 6spd Highline full load except nav. 19" Audi RS6 rims. REVO tuned. AS7609 navi head unit 7" touch, Custom fiberglass box MD Sound 12" & Boss NXD5500 amp. Tint is next.
westvandude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4me2 View Post
The trans cooler from a 6.0 will fit in the place of your stock cooler, the lines from the 6.0 cooler are 1/2 inch and the stock lines are 3/8 inch. That is the tweaking that will need to be done, I got all of the fittings from a local hydraulic supply store to make the connections and about 6 ft of oil rated hose. Wear long sleeve shirt as getting in behind the a/c condenser will cut and scratch you up. just take your time, enjoy a few cold ones during the process. If you tow heavy it will be one of the best things you do for the life of your trans. Here in Vegas it gets pretty hot during the summer and with mine towing the trailer in my sig. I have not seen temps over 200 pulling some steep grades.

What do your tranny temps read at the top of "BAKER GRADE"?
2001 7.3 PSD 8" RCD lift, duel bilstiens up front, sacks in the rear with in cab controls/gauges. Chrome traction bars, Polished dif covers, 37" Super Swamper M16's on black/polished XD Series rims. Edge Evolution/Juice/Programer, Airforce I cold air intake, Banks Monster stainless exhaust turbo back, Suncoast tranny, 6.0L trans cooler, deep tranny pan, tugger shift kit, 4:56 gears, ARB air lockers. Complete 2000 watt entertainment system (actully got two 12" subs behind the seat), Pioneer touch screen head unit, back up camera, head rest video screens.
kess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 10:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hey kess, I was in Vegas back in Nov. I was pulling my 44' enclosed trailer (9500lbs with no bikes) with 10 Fully dressed Harleys one luggage trailer and everyone's riding gear and a weeks worth there luggage. an extra 100 gallons of diesel fuel in the trailer in the extra tank and another 60 gallon tank in the bed.
With the new BTS trans and 6.0 cooler pulling that 12 mile grade into Baker, hottest the gauge read 205 degrees, back in Sept. when I did the same trip heading back to SoCal (San Dimas) on the original 120K tranny and stock (POS) 7.3 cooler hit 275 degrees, O/D Light flashing, Check gauges light on, happened every time I pulled that grade or the grade coming up the Cajon Pass north of the 10 up to Hisperia...
The 6.0 cooler is the best money ever spent... Besides the BTS tranny...
2003 BLACK Excursion Limited 7.3 4x4 w/DVD entertainment center, rear captians chairs, 3.73 limited slip. 4" MBRB Stainless Exhaust, AFE stage II intake, DP F5 Tuner, 4.5" Donahue lift, Rolling on 18" Jesse James Lawless 8's wrapped by 35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terains and airbags, Prodigy brake controller.

2002 BLUE F350 XLT 7.3 4x4 Crew Cab short box, BTS Tranny, 6.0 tranny cooler, 4" Silverline Stainless exhaust, S&B intake, DP F6 Tuner with 9 tunes. Line X, B&W turnover ball, Prodigy brake controller.

1968 Chevy C-10 Short Bed PRO-STREET 500+CI BBC
1991 Honda CRX-SI (Black Also)
2002 John Deere Gator Diesel 6X6
2003 Limited edition Cannondale Cannibal- With colors that woulnt run, RED, WHITE and BLUE #0000016
Owner and Dad of Godspeed MX racing. #269

Last edited by 1BADF350; 01-24-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: speeling
1BADF350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2009, 02:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

The 6.0 tranny cooler is the ticket.

Lifetime Member "BTS BUBBA" Association
"Ain't no feelin like BTS mobilin"
SLAPS Member
Sold 62 Corvair 95 Bus
92 Buick deuce and a quarter
03 Ford Windstar- Granny Hauler
HighwayPrisoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.