ATS transmission - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2005, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ATS transmission

How does the ATS compare to BTS,monsterbox ect... I e-mailed david lott about them but with the hurricane i figured it would be a while before him would respond, i'm sure he has other things on his mind...

So i'll look to you guys, What is the difference in say stage3 to 4 that they jump the price up some 2200 bucks or somthing? I want a BTS but i just can see putting 4 grand into a truck with 170 thousand miles on it, and i'm planning on getting a new truck in the next few years anyway ( waiting for the 6.4 )......... Okay back to business, How much power can say the stage 3 ATS handle? I'd like to get a chip from jody or at least get the eco tune..... and i pull a few times a month anywhere from 4 thousand to 8k heaviest pull was 12K......

So what do yall think about it, or you guys got any other suggestions.... Ive thought about them "heavy duty" trans on Ebay but i odn't know if i trust them..... ANd i don't wann go with just a normal ford reman.
Derag2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2005, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: ATS transmission

Hold up a minute, You don't want to put 4 grand in a truck with 170,000 miles? How about a Ford reman for almost the same money, and You get junk! I prefer the BTS, over the other trannies, not saying they are not good units, My second choice would be a call to Bob Riley. My BTS has 102,000 miles, and has been perfect. I had My tranny done at 396,000 miles. If, the rest of Your truck is in good condition, and You need a tranny, buy the best (BTS), and don't worry about what You pull, you ain't gonna break it! My truck is a work truck, the least of My worries is the BTS!

Lifetime Member "BTS BUBBA" Association
"Ain't no feelin like BTS mobilin"
SLAPS Member
Sold 62 Corvair 95 Bus
92 Buick deuce and a quarter
03 Ford Windstar- Granny Hauler
HighwayPrisoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2005, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Isn't the price on the BTS including install? If that's the case all the transmissions would run about the same price.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (61)

Deleted the post trying to sell a tranny. That is what PMs are for.

Unfortunately it took with it the posts after as well.

I will leave the thread to continue on.

Dave / Believer45
Believer45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2005, 05:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm sorry Believer, no one was trying to sell a tranny for anyone. I simply advised the poster of one that was for sale by another member, how is that against the rules?
Old 09-26-2005, 05:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

I must also apologize for getting a bit off topic but wasn't trying to sell a tranny either but guilty of getting off topic. To get back to Derags post I don't think you can go wrong with ATS or BTS the higher stage ATS trannys are around 4k but the lower stage ones are around $2,500 if you are on a budget as for the monsterbox I don't know enough about it to give opinion.

powerstrokenation.com

http://community.webshots.com/user/freddyfast9

www.blackwidowdiesel.com
www.wideopenperformance.net
www.terminatorengineering.com

My Cell: Questions, comments, cuss me out, 734-652-7639
freddyfast9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2005, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)

What modifications are done to your tranny to make it a Stage II ATS trans?

<span style="color: red">cummins conversions by Rockin S performance </span>
AlanB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2005, 08:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't know for sure what is all done that why i e-mail david lott to see what was all done to make the different stages what they are.........
Derag2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2005, 07:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

http://www.atsdiesel.com/atswebsite/...nsmissions.asp

There you go alan read for yourself it's too much to list and would make for a long post but my neighbor has the stage 2 and pulls 14k 5th wheel and loves the way it performs. I have the stage 5 with billet input and output shafts and the new accumulator body which increases line pressure mechanically instead of through programming.

powerstrokenation.com

www.blackwidowdiesel.com

Old 09-27-2005, 07:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

The monsterbox isn't even available.
10" Lift 38 PJs, EDGE Trac Bar Relocate, ORU X over, Weld Outbacks, AFE Stage 2,Hypermax 5", Hypermax Mod BJ Code Injectors, Hypermax H2E (broke, replaced with something bigger), Hypermax Rev Kit, ITP Fuel Sys, Aeromotive fuel pump, forged rods, main studs, head studs, billet intakes, WOP fire rings, BTS Trans & HPOS,

99 F-250 Reg Cab 4x4 Auto, Project truck,
97 F-350 Reg Cab 4x4
96 F-250 Reg Cab 4x4 Auto, Stock/Wrecked AVAILABLE
03 F-250 Reg Cab 4x4 Auto 6.0, Studded, EGRless, Hypermax Injectors/Firerings/5" exhaust, AFE Stage 2, Electronics vary DEAD

SDCRM #13
Agree? Disagree? Wanna Talk Trucks?
(785)243-4879
<font color="red">KANSAS members, PM me. </font>
Nick Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2005, 07:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

I heard something to that effect nick, I read that the monsterbox is having some things changed to make it a better unit but I wasn't sure about it and didn't want to step on any toes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

powerstrokenation.com

www.blackwidowdiesel.com

Old 09-27-2005, 09:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

I love my ATS tranny. I installed the stage 5 kit and it was worth the money. Only flinch I had was the labor to install it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] On top of that all labor and parts are covered for the 1st year. Only parts covered for the next two I think. Just make sure you do the scheduled maintenance. Very noticeable improvement in shift and overall heavy duty feel (tow an 8000lb boat, truck weights in at 9000lbs on CAT scale).
2002 Ford Excursion, 7.3l, AFE stage 2 intake, Banks exhaust,TN Turbo .84,EBPV delete/non EBPV Ped, ITP Reg fuel system, DP Tuner 60tow,80 econo. Lifted 6 inches with BFG 35 mud terrain with 4.11 gearing. Full gauges, CCV mod,Coolent/tranny filters, Overboost mod,Spearco 7.3 intercooler, dieselsite boots all around, Terminator dual pumps, Dual Optima yellow tops,Stage 5 ATS tranny,350 hp maybe 650 ft lbs.
pilotbell222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2005, 12:22 AM   #13 (permalink)

So, a stage III you get a valve body, T/C, trans commander and a oil pan. Nothing is done to the inside of the trans. If your trans is on it's last leg you would at least need the stage 4 that's 4,200 without install.

<span style="color: red">cummins conversions by Rockin S performance </span>
AlanB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2005, 11:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)

ok Alan ...just go ahead and tell him you don't like ATS, that you're a BTS cult member ...lol

thomas

<font color="orange">'02 F250 XLT CC PSD 4WD</font> <font color="navy">3.73ls VDH2 oxford white/silver metallic, DP-Tuner 4 pos.(40, 70, 100, 125), FTVB, AIS, WD Turbo Brake III, 4" Magna-Flow turbo-back exhaust, wicked wheel, 3 guage A-pillar pod w/ Di-pricol white-face guages, ITP fuel system, after market leather seats (two tone), Super-Liner, "chromed" emblems, CCV mod., BFG AT 295/75-16 on 16 x 10 Ultra Type 50/51 wheels, Rancho RSX, Amsoil bumper-to-bumper, PopUp GN hitch, GOS harness & SilverStars </font>

'04 F250CC Lariat PSD FX4 white/silver, Putco stainless toolbox, stock!!!

<font color="red"> Immokalee Regional Raceway </font> <font color="green"> '57 Cushman Eagle </font>
AllStarPSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2005, 12:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Shoot the ATS and the BTS are awesome trannies, with just some differences between the two. The cost are pretty close to the same.

If your trans is shot then the best way to go is a Stage 4 at least. ATS does have an internal Overhaul Kit, that will help for the most part.

Kyle
Early 99 F250 SD CrewCab, PSD, 285 BFG Muds, AFE Stage II,Rancho 5000 SS, Smitybuilt S/S Bars, PIAA 959 fogs, Jordan 2020, a DI and a Tadd 6 stage chip, Triple a-piller w/ Pricol gauges (Trans, Boost, EGT), XM Radio, 1000 Watt HR 2510 CB/Ham, Bearcat BCT7 (Modified) <font color="purple"> Stage IV ATS Tranny and TripleLok </font> ATS Dual 4" Exhaust, Swamped, Custom turbo (time for HPOP upgrade)

<font color="blue"> CAN YOU KEEP UP? </font>
denkyleg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.