Banks trans command install - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1999-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 7.3L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2005, 08:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks trans command install

I live in temecula,ca anyone now of a good shop to have my trans command installed???

thanks
Big john
2003 F250 Lariat sd cc 4x4 7.3 long bed,4.10 srw,Edge Juice w/Attitude,AIS Intake w/mod,Zoodad,magnefine trans filter,trumax cooler,autometer tt,4" exhaust,4" DP,airbags,coolant filter,Banks Big Head Act.,Banks Compressor Wheel,fomoto drain valve,Racor 3550 ccv,Amzoil dual bypass with pre-oiler,Amzoil fluids for all,Brakesmart,8" Fabtech lift,37x17 parneli's on helo max rims,Fabtech Full floating traction bars,Rough country dual steering stabilizer,16k 5th wheel hitch,Billet grill,Line-x,Gaylord FG bed cover, Complete alpine dvd,nav,cd pushing 1750 watts!
my truck pics http://community.webshots.com/user/trxjunkie
hoverman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2005, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Banks trans command install

Its really such a simple thing to do, you should do it yourself. It literally plugs in between the factory harnes. Just go buy a couple self drilling sheetmetel screws to use with an electric drill, mount it to your passenger side with these and plug the couple plugs in. It should take you 30 min once you get the drill out and pre-read the instructions. My wife installed mine while I was out of town....she's a keeper!
Banks Big-Head Actuator (set at 25 PSI), Banks Quick Turbo, Banks Compressor Wheel, Banks 4" Exhaust system but straight piped!, Banks Intercooler, Banks TQ Convertor, Banks Trans-Command, Westin Nerf Bars
Ultimate Bull Bar, Helwig rear sway bar, V-code springs, 2 HELLA 500 Driving lights, 2 KC Dayliters, Lights mounted on a custom home fabricated mount on the Ultimate Bull Bar.
285-75-16 MT Tires, Visor over windshield and rear air dam over hatch. Custom painted monochromatic in factory dark green. Amsoil 3000 Synthetic engine oil With AMSOIL EA Synthetic Filter and Amsoil Synthetic differential lube. Warn manual hubs.
I'm ready for a hook at the next truckpull!
larry0071 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2005, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you do it yourself you'll be mad at yourself for almost paying someone to do something so easy.

If you still would like to find a shop someone <font color="purple"> HERE </font> will know where to find one close to you.

<font color="brown"><font color="#666666">2002 LIMITED ULTIMATE 4X4, 7.3 PSD, MINERAL GREY</font> </font>, Putco Grill w/vent inserts, AIS, Banks Monster 4" Turbo Back, Bilsteins, Hellwig, AIH Plug + Code Eliminator, 203 T-stat, Coolant Filter, Fuel Bowl Drain Mod, BVR+/WW in the box still, FPR @ 65-68psi, Gauges: Pyro, Boost, Trans., A LITTLE help from Jody, BTS Valve Body.
<font color="blue">MY Local Service Dept.--&gt; [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] + [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] + [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] = Me--&gt;</font> [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

<font color="purple">TRUCK PICS.</font>
ForumBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2005, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Is the Trans Command worth the money? What are the trans codes to determine if it is an E4OD or the 4R100 tranny? I just bought an 01 F250 PSD and was wondering if the Trans Command or the FTVB
En4cr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2005, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
Is the Trans Command worth the money? What are the trans codes to determine if it is an E4OD or the 4R100 tranny? I just bought an 01 F250 PSD and was wondering if the Trans Command or the FTVB

[/ QUOTE ]

Their are two different Part#s for the E40D 62560 / 4R100 62570 it works great with OEM up to additional 80hp after that I would recommend TC &amp; Pump upgrades with a commander or equivalent.
twdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2005, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

I really liked the difference it made on mine over stock. I had it on for about 3 1/2 years with no complaints. I recently got a BTS Valve Body and it is again that much better than the Transcommand. I would think that the FTVB would be better than the Transcommand and the BTS would be better than the FTVB. Brian will set the valve body up for your truck and adjust it to what you want plus you can fine tune it yourself with Brians help if you want to change anything or if you add more HP or something. Mine shifts nice and firm when I'm really getting after it but softer if I'm just cruising around. I have heard that the FTVB is pretty much real firm all the time. Like I said that's only what I have heard. I have no hands on experience with the FTVB. Hopefully HAMMER69 will see this thread as he has had both and is fairly knowledgable on this subject.

<font color="brown"><font color="#666666">2002 LIMITED ULTIMATE 4X4, 7.3 PSD, MINERAL GREY</font> </font>, Putco Grill w/vent inserts, AIS, Banks Monster 4" Turbo Back, Bilsteins, Hellwig, AIH Plug + Code Eliminator, 203 T-stat, Coolant Filter, Fuel Bowl Drain Mod, BVR+/WW in the box still, FPR @ 65-68psi, Gauges: Pyro, Boost, Trans., A LITTLE help from Jody, BTS Valve Body.
<font color="blue">MY Local Service Dept.--&gt; [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] + [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] + [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] = Me--&gt;</font> [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. I want to add some perfomance mods when I get the truck in a few weeks. Plus we have a 30' trave, trailer that I pull so I wnat a tranny that will handle the mountains in Western North Carolina where I live.
En4cr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2005, 04:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

You may want to seek out a few options for your tranny before you settle on the Transcommand. I had them on two seperate trucks and
they seemed to cause strange electrical problems when ever they got
moisture on or around them. Sounds strange, but true. You can probably
find a better product for less money as Banks tends to be VERY proud
of their products.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

As far as being worth the money I would say they are overpriced. Considering the prices on the FTVB and the BTS the transcommand wouldn't even be a consideration. Go with one of the valve bodies. After reading many posts on this subject I've determined that adusting your line pressures mechanically is much better than doing it electronically. As far as installing a valve body, it is really easy. Less than an hour. The only thing about then Transcommand is it's not as messy.

BTW, How much are the Transcommands going for now? I paid less for the valve body last month than I did for the transcommand 3 1/2 years ago.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)

Prind, with your 4" exhaust, it's a pain in the a$$. I had to unbolt the heat shroud (all 4' of it), push it back, and try to contort my hand/arm up to get to the tranny connector. 5 minutes once you get the connector off. Then you need to reverse the heat shield uninstall.

The instructions look easy on a stock truck. Either that or my hands are too big. You know what they say about big hands? They don't fit in tight places. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Dave

FOKISD (Ford, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Super Duty Club), Charter Member.

2001 F-350, PSD, 4X4, True Blue, 152 WB, SRW, Auto Trans, Manual Hubs, PMT3, Off Road Package, AIC, Heated Excursion Tow Mirrors w/cut off switch, Extang Tonneau Cover, Westin Step Bars, Lund Bug Shield, Nifty floor mats, Custom rear bumper/w fog reverse lights & 3rd brake light, LED running lights below doors, Poron USA reverse backup sensors.

"It's mine,ALLLLL mine, (Till Andrea wants to drive it)"
PSDForever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2005, 12:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

My exhaust was still stock at the time I did mine. I can see what you mean now that I've looked at it with the bigger exhaust. One more reason to just do the valve body.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 99 & up 7.3L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.